Pins - Chapter 9

Your vision faded back into view, and you were back outside the shrine with Link.

"What just happened?" You question, examining your arms. They looked normal, despite the fact that they had been breaking down into strands of blue light moments ago.

"Were we just teleport?" Link asks. "Did that monk do it? Is that what it's supposed to look like? Why are we able to do that?"

You shrug, confused and unable to answer his questions. Before you can utter another word, you hear the familiar shout of the old man. He glides down to you on the paraglider from who knows where, greeting you with a smile.

You remember that he wanted the treasure in the shrine, but how were you supposed to give him a spirit orb? It was inside you, was it not? You and Link shared a nervous look as he began to speak.

"It seems you have managed to get your hands on a spirit orb. Well done!" He praises.

"Wait- how did you know?" Link asks, looking uneasy.

"Clairvoyance!" The old man exclaims, "Or... perhaps something similar. As one gets older, it can become more difficult to see what's right in front of you. However, that which was once hidden from view can often be crystal clear."

You shoot Link a confused look.
"What is he talking about?" You mouth to him, and he shrugs.
The old man motions to the top of the shrine, and you notice that instead of glowing orange, the symbol on the top was now blue.

"But perhaps that isn't true for everyone!" The old man jokes, chuckling. "The appearance of those towers and awakening of the shrines..."
He motions to your Sheikah Slate.
"...Is all connected to the Sheikah Slate you carry with you."

"What do you mean?" You ask, curious.

"It's been a long time since I've seen that Sheikah Slate..." He says. His eyes gain a distant look, and you think you see a hint of sadness as well.

The old man continues to talk about the shrines and the Sheikah tribe that created them, and your attention slowly drifts to the land surrounding you. The castle in the distance is still surrounded by the eerie purple fog, however the strange creature you saw emerge from it on the tower was gone.
What was that creature? Who was powerful enough to hold that thing back?

You turn back to the old man as he finishes speaking, feeling slightly guilty for zoning out.

"These shrines are scattered all throughout the land." He informs you. "On this plateau, I believe there are three more. Bring me the treasure from all three, and I'll give you my paraglider."

"Hey, that wasn't the deal!" Link exclaims.

"Well, I changed my mind." The old man said, looking at Link with amusement in his eyes. "It shouldn't be a problem for young go-getters like you two!"

You sigh in disappointment at the thought of doing more work.

"I'm feeling generous today, so I'll give you a tip on how to find the shrines. It's always best to look from a high place... let me see..."

The old man surveys the area for a moment before pointing to the tower you activated.
"How about you get up on the tower again? I'll meet you there."

Link groaned, clearly not liking that idea.
"You've gotta be kidding me..." He mutters.

The old man lets out a chuckle before speaking again.
"Don't fret, I have another trick for you. Look at the map on your Sheikah Slates."

You and Link take out your Sheikah Slates and examine the map. There are three markers, and you notice that one of them is the shrine you just came out of.

"You can travel to any of these points instantly with your Sheikah Slate." He says. "Or so I've heard. I do not know if it actually works."

You tap on the tower symbol with your finger, and the words 'Great Plateau Tower' appeared beside it. Underneath the marker, the word 'Travel' was sitting.
"Should we try it?" You ask Link.

"I guess so. Ladies first!" He teases. You give him a playful glare and tap on 'Travel.'

Your body starts to dissolve into the strands of light, exactly like when you left the shrine. The last thing you see is Link staring at you in wonder before your vision fades into white.

As quickly as it happened, your vision faded back in. You were on top of the tower, and the old man was up there with you as well. Before you could ask how he got there, a bright blue light shone in front of you.

The blue light pieced itself together into a human form as you watch with wonderous eyes. With a blinding white flash, Link was standing in front if you.

"That looks so cool." You murmur, awestruck.

He smiles at you before catching sight of the old man. Link whips his head around, shocked.

"How did you get up here so fast?? Can you fly??" He asks.

The old man chuckles but does not reply.
"Do you know about the scope on your Sheikah Slate?" He asks. "Look through it, and you can stick a pin anywhere you want on the map. Try to scope out some shrines and pin them."

You and Link scan the area, and a faint orange glow catches your eye.
"Link, there!" You point at the shrine. Pulling out your Sheikah Slate, you hold the device up to your eye.

It's almost as if the screen is transparent, aside from the five small colors shown at the bottom of your slate.
Those must be the pins, You realize.

It was just like a telescope, as everything looks exactly similar as if you were looking at it up close. The shrine you see appears to be surrounded by some broken down walls, with some strange structures scattered around them. You tap your screen, and suddenly a bright red beacon appears right over the shrine.

"That's so cool." You say to yourself, awestruck. Link appears to be shocked as well.

Moving the Sheikah Slate away from your face, the beacon is gone. You mess around with the pins for a minute before Link snickers.
"Having fun there?" He teases.

"Yes, I am, thank you." You reply, amused. "They just look so cool."

You and Link find and pin the other two shrines before turning back to the old man.

"You found them all?" The old man asks. You and Link nod.

"Well then go find the treasure!" He encourages. "You can get down the tower the same way you did the first time."

Leaping down the platforms, you and Link set off on a quest to discover all the shrines.

A/N:
This was a boring chapter, I'm sorry! It had to be written :(
Don't worry though, I have a really exciting chapter planned soon! I've had it planned for a month, I can't wait to write it! (I may skip over the rest of the shrines, I haven't decided yet. It would be pretty repetitive if I were to write it, however acquiring the rest of the runes is pretty important. What do you guys think?)