New Clothing - Chapter 20

Finally another chapter!! My apologies for the wait.
This chapter is a bit of a bore, however again, it has to be written. I was going to include Impa's speech and whatnot, but I wanted to get the chapter out as quick as possible to assure you guys I was still writing, so that'll be covered in the next chapter. Sorry for how short this is!!

Sunlight shone through the window as you slowly opened your eyes, finally rested after the ordeal you had yesterday. You glanced over to see Link face down in his pillow, snoring softly. You chuckled and went to wake him.

      "Link, wake up," you said, shaking him. "We need to go talk to that person. C'mon, we can't sleep the whole day away."

He groaned and sat up, his hair a mess. After you both situated yourselves, you stepped out of the house and started making your way to the large house at the side of the village. However, before you got there, Link stopped you in your tracks.

"We should... probably get you new clothes," he mentioned, motioning to your bloodied shirt and pants. "I don't think whoever the king wants us to see would appreciate you coming in looking like you just died a second time."

You nod at him, and gaze out over the small village. After spotting a building that resembled a clothing store, you step inside.

It wasn't too big of a store, only containing a few sets of clothing. One immediately caught your eye, and you asked the lady at the front desk about it.
    "Excuse me," you ask, pointing to the gear. "This is for sale, right?"

The shopkeeper nods, grabbing a set of the clothing.
     "Yes, we have this set for both male and female bodies. It's quite cheap too, and has different colors. It's called the Hylian clothing. It comes with a hood too, if you'd like that."

You looked to Link, silently questioning him about it, and he nods.
    "We might as well both get a set then," he says. "I could use new clothing as well."

The shopkeeper smiled, obviously happy about selling something, before motioning to the multiple variations of the hylian clothing, each a different color.
"Go ahead and pick your favorites! They all cost the same." She stepped to the side to give the two a better look.

Link ended up picking the regular set of clothing, no special coloring. You, however, picked the (f/c) colored version, favoring it over the plain colors of the original. You both decided to get the hood with it as well, realizing it could be useful for rain.

"Hey Link?" you asked nervously. "How are we going to pay for this...?"

Before he could answer, the shopkeeper piped up again.
"You can take the girls set for free. It looks like she needs it." He motioned to your bloodied clothes, eyes curious, but no questions were asked.

You and Link smiled gratefully at him before paying for the one set or clothing and going back to the house to change. After your clothes were taken care of, finally, you could go and see the person the king asked you to.

You followed Link to the large building, with a set of stairs leading up to the door. Two guards stood at the beginning of the stairs, watching you cautiously.

"That person must be pretty important, to have guards stationed here like this," Link murmured to you, looking nervous. You gave him a reassuring smile before walking up to greet the guards, making sure to look as friendly as possible.
"Hello!" You say to the two guards. "We were sent here to talk to someone, and we've heard they're in here? So we can go up, right...?"

The first guard snorts and shakes his head.
"If we let everyone in just like that, we wouldn't be good guards now would we? So do us a favor and go get your friend who told you to come here and confirm it."

You take a step back, disappointment rushing through you.
Of course it wouldn't be that easy, you think to yourself, frustrated. Nothing's that easy.
"C'mon, Link," you motion to the boy. "Let's go and-"

"Hang on- did you say Link?" the guard said, clearly surprised. "That makes you (Y/n), correct? My sincere apologies, Lady Impa did say she expected travelers of those names to visit soon. Right this way, you two." The guard motioned to the stairs, allowing you and Link to pass through.

You walked up the stairs, Link trailing behind you. When you got to the door, you noticed a girl scrubbing the floor in front of the door, who flinched in suprise when she saw you two approach. Her eyes were fixated on Link, and she quickly covered her face with her hands.
    "A- a man?!" she exclaimed, clearly embarassed. However, it seemed to fade a bit when she noticed the Sheikah Slates attached to your belts.
    "Huh? Sheikah Slates?" she questioned. "So you two must be the heroes my grandmother told me about! What was it, (Y/n) and L-.. li-" She stuttered a bit, trying to pronounce what her grandmother, which you assumed to be Lady Impa, told her.

    "It's Link," he interrupted, giving her a small smile. "And yes, that's us."

    "I'm sorry, my name is P- Paaa- Paya.. I have trouble speaking. I didn't forget your name, I promise!" The girl, Paya, smiled nervously, fiddling with her thumbs. "Anyways, my grandmother has been awaiting your arrival ever since I was little, so I had better not keep you waiting. Go ahead inside."

You and Link shared a glance before opening the door and walking inside. A small woman was sitting on a pillow ahead of you, her large hat shielding most of her face. Slowly, she lifted her head up, revealing her old age. Her eyes were alight with wisdom, however, and even deeper, relief.

    "So, you two are finally awake."