Magnesis Trial - Chapter 8

A/N: 400 reads??? How???

Anyways, I'm sorry about the really random upload schedule. I write when I get motivated, which surprisingly isn't that often. (And when I do get motivated, it's usually at 3 am when I'm super tired oops.)

Also I apologize if this chapter has any grammar mistakes, I checked over it, but I wasn't really focused as I did it.

____________

The small section of the floor that was lowering you and Link to the ground jerked to a halt as it reached it's destination. A pillar of bright blue light was surrounding the platform you and Link were on, and you cautiously reached your hand out. When the blue light didn't seem dangerous, you stepped off the platform and into the room. Link followed silently. As soon as both of you had stepped off, a voice echoed through the shrine.
It wasn't the girl's voice you had been hearing, but rather, a deep, ancient one, that rung thoughout the shrine with an eerie tone.

"To you who sets foot in this shrine... I am Oman Au. In name of Goddess Hylia, I offer this trial."

The voice faded out, and you took another step forward. Your feet made a strange clicking noise as you walked, sounding almost like horse hooves clicking on stone. You looked around, and noticed a pillar similar to the one you used to open the shrine's door. Close by were two small slabs of what appeared to be metal, lying on the ground. A gate blocked off your path forward.

"I think we need to activate that." You tell Link, motioning to the structure. He nods, and you two walk over. Placing your Sheikah Slates in the pillar, it glows a bright orange just like it did on the tower.

"Sheikah Slates authorized. Distilling rune..."

"Distilling... what?" You questioned.

Link didn't answer as a blue droplet splashed onto your slates. The Sheikah Slates screens turned on, displaying six empty slots. One of them filled with a magnet symbol, and the title 'Magnesis.'

"Magnesis. Manipulate metallic objects using magnetism." You read aloud. "Objects held with Magnesis can be lifted and moved freely." You turn to Link, who was staring at his slate curiously.

"How do I activate it?" He asks. "Do I just click this?"

He pressed the Magnesis rune, and his slate glows red. The red light illuminated the two metal slabs on the ground, signaling that they could be held with Magnesis. You activated your rune as well, and pointed it at the metal.

"How do I get this to work?" You ask. "It's shining red, but I don't know how to activate it."

You press the Sheikah Slate's screen a second time, and a yellow beam shoots out of it. It attaches itself to the first metal slab, and you flinch in surprise. Link, eyes wide, did this as well. His beam attached itself to the second piece of metal. He waved his Sheikah Slate in the air, and the metal followed his movements. It flew into the air, abruptly coming to a stop when Link stood still. Underneath the metal, a tunnel led under the gate.

"Woah." You murmured in awe. You lifted your metal out of the way, and you and Link leaped into the tunnel. Walking up the stairs, you were met with a wall made of stone blocks. One metal block was stacked in them, and you used Magnesis to topple the metal over and break the wall. You climbed over the blocks, and was met with a strange machine. It had three legs, and one bright blue eye in the center of it's body.

It crawled towards you, and quickly you climbed back behind the blocks.

"There's some machine over there." You say to Link. "I don't know if it's friendly or not. It didn't attack me, but I didn't really give it enough time to either."

He follows you back across the broken wall, and you two confront the machine. You cautiously walk towards it, but before you can get to close, a ring of blue light flashes from the eye of the machine. It shoots a blue beam out at you, and you quickly dodge to the side. The beam hits a block behind you and creates a small explosion.

Link darts out from behind you, and before you could react he pulls out his sword and cuts off one of the machines legs. Your Sheikah Slate beeps, and you glance down. Information about the machine is on the screen, but you ignore it and run out to help Link.

You run up to the machine, and it gives a sharp blue glow again. Before it can shoot it's lazer at you, you take your sword out and stab it right through it's single eye. The machine lurches back, sputtering and whirring, before exploding into a pile of gears and screws. Link picks these up as you put away your sword and pull out your Sheikah Slate.

"That was a Guardian Scout." You inform Link. "It's one of the six types of guardians. This one is the weakest type. It's only attack is firing a weak lazer that causes a minimal explosion."

"Weak lazer?" Link mutters. "If that's weak, I fear for the strongest guardian." He shudders.

You continue through the shrine with the help of Magnesis, and finally reach the end. You and Link open the large metal doors with the help of your runes, and you see a very, very old person sitting in a box of blue light. You walk up to it, and reach your hand out to go through the box, like you did when you entered the shrine. However, instead of your hand passing through the light, it felt as if it had touched water. The light rippled, and a symbol that had appeared many times on your Sheikah Slate shimmered into view. As quickly as it had appeared, it was gone, and the box of light shattered into pieces of brilliant blue shards.

You looked at Link in wonder before turning back to the person.

"You both have proven to possess the resolve of a true hero. I am Oman Au, creator of this trial."

You stare in awe. The monk had the same symbol from the box tattooed on his forehead, and his hands were forming a triangle. He was wearing multiple gold bracelets, and his hair was reaching the ground. His ribs were clearly visible, leading you to wonder just how long he had been sitting inside this shrine.

"I am a humble monk, blessed with the sight of Goddess Hylia and dedicated to those who seek to defeat Ganon. With your arrival, my duty is now fufilled. In the name of Goddess Hylia, allow me to bestow this gift to you..."

"Please accept this spirit orb."

From within the monk's chest, a bright light was summoned. A purple ball of light with the wingcrest symbol glowing inside it formed out of the monk, floating towards you. The orb hovered in the air before splitting in half. One half of the orb floated over to you, and the other to Link.

The orb tapped your chest, exploding into strings of brilliant white light. The light flowed into your chest, leaving you with a warm, fuzzy feeling. You brought your hand up to your chest before looking back up at the monk.

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

And the monk dissolved into green sparks. Immediately after his was gone, you started to lift into the air. Glancing down at your hands, you see yourself start to break down into strands of blue light. You glanced over at Link frantically, seeing him shifting into strings of light as well.

What's happening?! You think, getting more afraid by the second.

"Link!" You cry out fearfully, reaching out to him. Before you could touch him, however, your vision fades into white.