Memory Two - Chapter 16

You gave (H/n) a gentle pat as you, Link, and the princess strolled down the path on your horses. Zelda's magnificent white horse's armor shined with the light from the setting sun, the symbol of Hyrule decorated on the metal.

Zelda was speaking to Link about her horse as you three went down the path, heading towards a small park with a horse statue in the center. After reaching it, you tied up your horse and walked out with Zelda to the balcony. Link followed wordlessly.

Around you, Link was talkative and humorous. However, when the princess or champions arrived, he was quiet and appeared quite emotionless. You could tell that it got on Zelda's last nerve, but you knew Link was trying his best.

He never told you why he was so quiet, and you didn't ask. Zelda didn't either.

Zelda stared out at the mountains, emotions swimming through her eyes like fish in the sea. After a few moments of silence, she finally spoke.

"Tomorrow is my seventeenth birthday," Zelda whispers. She sounded scared. "And I will be permitted to go to the Spring of Wisdom to give my prayers to the goddess. I've already prayed at the Spring of Power and the Spring of Courage, so this is my last hope. Hyrule depends on me."

She turned around, the light from the sun giving her a gold glow, and her eyes pools of emotion.

"So then I will go," she continues, anxiety showing in her features. "And face my destiny on the mountain."

You tried to speak, but nothing came out. Link remained expressionless, and even you couldn't tell what he was thinking at this point.

She sighed, turning back to the castle.

"I'm trying as best as I can," she whispers, barely audible. "But nothing's working. I don't think I'm going to amount for much if the Calamity truly does come back."

_________

You snapped out of your trance, dizzy. You took a few steps back, from the balcony, taking in what you just saw.

Another vision... You think. Is this a past memory of mine?

You recall the girl, Zelda, from your memory.

That's the girl I need to save. She's inside Hyrule Castle, fending off Ganon. She must have gotten her power from the Spring of Wisdom. At least that weight could have been lifted from her shoulders, she seemed to be under a lot of pressure.

You decided to begin walking again. The sun had completely set by now, and you were starting to feel hungry and tired. You were starting to regret your decision to not rest at the stable, however you weren't going to turn back now.

Every second I waste is one that Link is getting farther from me.

You leave the park and continue down the path again. Moonlight illuminated the road ahead of you as you start back on your journey to find Link.

You walked for what felt like hours before you saw a small plateau with many elevated islands that looked like the ones you found when you first fell.

You heard a shout, and ran to see what the source of it was. A girl was being attacked by a bokoblin, and appeared to be losing. The clumsy monster knocked the shield out of the girl's hands and prepared to strike her, when you rammed into it and pushed it out of the way.

The girl sighed in relief, quickly getting to her feet.

"Thanks for that," she said. "I can take it from here."

The girl dashed forward, killing the dazed bokoblin with a blow to the neck. It let out a pained cry before exploding into a puff of purple fog.

She turned back to you, smiling.

"My name is Chabi," she said, introducing herself. "I guess I should do something to thank you. Here." Chabi hands you a small purple vial.

"This is monster extract," she explains to you. "A substance made by a guy named Kilton. I'm trying to find him and research his shop called Fang and Bone, but I can't! It's so frustrating!"

She girl starts ranting about Kilton, so you excuse yourself and leave.

You take a path to your left and continue on. You walk for so long that your feet ache, and you decide to stop at the next stable you find.

You come upon a girl pacing back and forth near a sign, muttering quietly.

You take a look at the sign, which warns travelers of attackers. It mentions a stable up ahead, and you sigh in relief.

"I'm so lost..." You hear the girl mumble to herself.

You walk up to her.

"Excuse me, are you alright?" You ask her, smiling.

"Not really," she replies. "I'm lost. Do you know which way I should go if I wanted to get to the Gerudo Desert?"

You knew nothing about Hyrule due to your lack of memories, so you shake your head apologetically.

"I'm sorry, I don't," you reply.

"I see... well it's a good thing I know." she murmurs happily. "We meet again, (Y/n)."

Why does this girl know me? You think, getting more and more nervous. The girl's green eyes stared you down as she got into a fighting stance.

"Begone, enemy of my master!" She cried out, and with a cloud of smoke, she changed.

Her travelers attire was now a tight red jumpsuit, with a white mask covering her face. The mask had a strange yet familiar symbol on it, however you couldn't name it. In her hand was a small weapon with a curved blade.

The girl, now your enemy, dashed at you with her blade in hand. With barely any time to react, you almost weren't able to dodge the blow that would have certainly cut your head off. Instead, you received a deep cut on your cheek. You pulled out your sword and whipped around to face the girl, and she dashed at you again. You met her blade with yours, sparks flying into the air.

While your blades were locked, the girl kicked you away. Your blade clattered to the ground as you stumbled backwards, but kept your footing. The girl gave a insane laugh before dashing at you again, giving you a long cut down your right arm. You dashed for your blade and quickly dodged another attack from the girl.

You whipped around to face the girl, but she disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Where did she go? You wonder.

You hear the insane laugh of the girl from behind, and turn to face her, but you didn't raise your weapon fast enough.

The blade plunges into your stomach and you let out a cry of pain.

You fall to the ground, sword falling out of your hands. When you hit the ground, agony shoots through your body, and you cry out again. All you can smell is your own blood as you see it pool out in front of you, and your vision blurs.

Everything... hurts...

The girl laughs, kicking you in the side.

"I can't wait to tell the Yiga Clan about this. One down, one more to go."

She disappears in a cloud of smoke, her laugh still echoing through the air.

"Someone... please... please help me..." you whisper, unable to speak any louder. Even the whispering sent you into a coughing fit, and you coughed up blood.

I can't die like this. I have to find Link. I have to save Zelda.

A small tear slips down your cheek.

I don't want to die!