Reunion - Chapter 19

He turned to you, his electric blue eyes filled with anxiety, sadness, and doubt. It immediately turned to disbelief when he saw you, and not even a second later, pure relief.

"Oh my god... oh my god, (Y/n)," he whispers, before dashing towards you. He tackles you into a hug, and you can feel the tears hitting your shoulder.

"I was so worried," Link sobbed. "I was so worried that you died. After you fell, I saw you plunge into the water, and after you didn't resurface, I ran back to the King for the paraglider. He wasn't done though, so I had to wait for him to finish and then run all the way back." He sniffled in-between sentences, holding you like he never wanted you to leave. "When I returned, I glided down, but I couldn't find you. So I went to Kakariko Villiage... and I've been waiting here ever since, hoping you weren't dead. I..." He broke off as he pushed you back, examining the bandages on your wrist, and your bloodstained clothes.

"(Y/n)... what happened?" he asked, concern flashing in his gaze.

You smiled half-heartedly, giving him a tired smile.

"It's a long story," you sighed. "But to sum it up, I almost died. I was rescued by three really nice people who came here with me to help find you, and I..." You sniffled, tears starting to run down your face. You pulled Link back into a hug, bursting into tears.

"I'm so sorry!" you cried out, sobbing. "I'm sorry for being such a reckless idiot. If I hadn't been stupid and climbed onto that bridge, none of this would've happened! I worried you, and I almost died! I-"

Link cut you off, placing a finger on your mouth to shush you.

"(Y/n), it's ok." He whispered. "I'm ok. You're ok. Well... are you ok?" He motioned to your bloodied clothes.

You nod, and Link sighed in relief.

"Well, you can tell me about it once you get settled down. There's an inn here, we can get you a bed and then we'll talk," he says, giving you a smile. "I'm sure you have quite the story."

Link leads you to the village inn, where you tie up (H/n) outside. When you enter, you see Cherry, Quin, and Alysa's belongings sitting by a bed, but the three were not in sight.

They must be talking to some villagers, you assumed, before putting your own belonging down. It wasn't much, just a sword and your bow. You wince as you flex your injured wrist, and Link gives you a concerned glance.

"So, what happened that gave you... that?" Link asks, motioning to your injured wrist, bloodied clothes, and cut on your cheek.

You flop down on the bed, letting out a long sigh.

"Well, after I had fallen down the river, I started traveling down a path to find you. I should've just stayed put, but I wasn't thinking straight," you explained. "And I... kinda damaged my Sheikah Slate..." you murmured sheepishly, holding it out for Link to see. "Anyways, right before I reached Tabantha Bridge Stable, I met a strange girl. It turns out that she was a member of the Yiga Clan in disguise."

Link gave you a confused look, so you elaborated.

"The Yiga Clan is a tribe of warriors dedicated to bringing down the champions, or in other words, people who will stop at nothing to kill us. One of them caught me off guard and disarmed me, and then stabbed me in the stomach, along with the face and wrist." You lifted up your shirt slightly to show Link the scar that still remained from the almost fatal cut. His eyes widened in shock as he saw it, filling with horror at what could've happened.

"Well how didn't you die??" Link asked. "That looks like it would be deadly."

You smile, turning your head to your new friends belongings.

"Three people from the stable saved me," you reply. "Their names are Sherry, Alysa, and Quin. They found me bleeding out on the trail, and brought me to the stable to help. They gave me a fairy to heal my wounds the best it could, which could only heal the worst of it, and helped me travel here. Without them, I'd be dead." When you ended your story, you let out a small yawn.

Link smiles.

"Well I can't wait to meet them, but I think you should get some rest. You look awfully tired. Tomorrow we can get ready to talk to whoever the King wanted us to come here for, and start our quest again." he says, taking his shoes off. You do as well, and pull the blankets over your body.

Within minutes, you finally relaxed, all of your worries and fears vanishing in the pull of sleep.