Recovery - Chapter 17

"...do you think she'll wake up...?"

"...don't know, it looks pretty bad..."

"...still breathing, right?"

"Why was she alone? It's dangerous to..."

Everything still hurt as you slowly opened your eyes.

"It... it hurts..." you groaned, struggling to sit up. Your vision was blurry still, however you could make out three people who were staring at you in relief as you spoke.

"Oh, she is awake, thank Hylia!" a boy exclaimed, rushing over to the bed you were lying on.

"Give her some space, Quin!" a girl called to him, dragging him back. "She's obviously still in a lot of pain."

"Well geez, Sherry." the boy, Quin, muttered. "I was just trying to see if she was ok."

While Quin and Sherry were arguing, another girl came up to your bedside and gave you a concerned look.

"Hello, traveler. My name is Alysa." She had a very quiet and calming voice, reminding you of the Zora princess you had envisioned in your memory. "And these two are Quin and Sherry. We found you on the trail bleeding out, half dead and unconscious."

You tried to sit up again, but Alysa stopped you.

"Don't try to move," she warned you. "You were injured very badly, and you lost a lot of blood."

You blink rapidly, trying to clear your vision. 

Your eyes clear enough to see the three people crowding you. Alysa has light grey hair with pale blue eyes that could rival the sky. She seemed to carry herself as if every passing breeze could carry her into the air.

Sherry is a red-headed, well muscled girl with brown eyes. You could tell just by looking at her that she was the strength of the group, with a hot-headed, stubborn personality. The mischievous glint in her eyes matched the reckless smile of hers.

Quin appeared to be the rational one of the three, with brown hair and brown eyes. He wears a pair of glasses, and fidgeted with his hands as if something was making him anxious. Despite this, he wore a nice smile that assured you that he was comfortable, and not nervous.

"Where am I?" you ask, trying to see your surroundings. You were in a small bed, with a few other beds scattered around the room. A table was sitting off to the side, and a counter was in the center of all of it.

"You're at the Tabantha Bridge Stable. It's down the road from Rito Village, and West of Hyrule Castle," Alysa replies. "Do you remember how you got injured? Was it a monster?"

You think back to your battle with that person.

What did she say before I passed out? She was going to tell the... the Yiga Clan?

"I found a traveler who was lost," you explained. "But it turns out that she was actually a member of something called the Yiga Clan, and she attacked me while I was surprised."

Quin nods. 

"More and more travelers have been getting attacked by these Yiga Clan fighters." He tells you. "They're a clan of Sheikah warriors who pledged allegiance to Calamity Ganon after he destroyed Hyrule. A bunch of cowards, if you ask me. They swore to kill the fallen champions Link and (Y/N), along with anybody who opposed them."

Sherry snorts. 

"They're all idiots if you ask me," she scoffs. "Why swear to kill people who have already died? Those champions fell in battle 100 years ago."