FOURTEEN || BRYNN

"I gotta say," he twirls the pen in his hand as he looks at me. "You really are as feisty as everyone says."

I shrug my shoulders, a smirk growing on my lips. "Just doing my job."

Circling the table, he comes over and leans right next to me. "I wasn't expecting that at all. What did he do to make you like that?"

Sasha's face comes into my mind and I let a sneer pull at my lips. "Ever since he stepped into our building, he's ruined all the plans I have."

He lets out a chuckle, setting the pen down. Taking my hands, he leans closer until our faces are inches apart.

"Hey, we're almost done," he whispers. "Just be a little more patient and that entire company will be yours."

"Ours," I correct him. "The company will be ours."

Vincent smiles. "Sure. It'll be ours."

To my disappointment, he turns away and begins walking out of my office.

"I'll be here again," he calls as he opens the door. "Have a good night."

"Bye." My voice comes out in a whisper. I watch him walk away, his strides long and full of confidence. Vincent is truly a beautiful man, so sexy and gorgeous all at once. I rest my chin against my palm, sighing contently.

The news is filled with the footage of Miss Nam throwing herself on Alexander, screaming for answers. What a pathetic woman she is; her family is rich and powerful enough to buy a whole state and yet she's throwing everything aside just for some naive idiot.

I snort. This is exactly how my plan is supposed to go.

Seeing Alexander fight raised my confidence to overthrow Miss Nam's throne. The report I sent to the police about how Alexander stole $100,000 went smoothly without an obstacle in the way. Soon, he would be arrested for robbery and illegal underground fighting. Of course, me being the intelligent person I am, erased Vincent's name from the evidence that pointed to him.

On top of all that, Miss Nam—no, Sasha—will do anything to save her poor lover.

I smile proudly to myself. Who would've thought that I could scheme something as great as this? Maybe, just maybe, Vincent will see how much of a smart and beautiful person I am to love me.

The telephone on my desk rings and I jump in alarm. Picking up the phone, I snap, "What?"

"Geez, someone's on their period today." Jennifer giggles.

I roll my eyes in annoyance. "What do you need?"

"A boyfriend, preferably someone with a big dick and nice abs—"

"Jennifer!" I retort. "You annoying little bitch, what the fuck do you want?"

My sister mumbles under her breath before answering. "Okay, I heard that Alexander can either be bailed out or kept in jail until he goes to trial. Also, your rich nemesis just left her office with some old Asian guy. I think she's planning something."

I clench my fists. "Follow them. Do anything you can to get them away from Alexander."

Jennifer scoffs. "I'm getting in my car right now. Oh, and tell Vincent that he still owes me $50."

"Okay, okay," I look up as one of my interns knocks on the door. "I'll call you later. Let me know about everything by tonight."

Setting the phone on my desk, I look up eagerly to my intern. "Hi. Do you need something?"

She sets down a packaged box in front of me. "This was in your mail earlier. There isn't an address on it."

I stand up and peer down at the box. "Thank you. You may leave."

The intern scuttles out of my office in an instant. I wait for her to disappear before grabbing the scissors and cutting the tape off the lids. Lifting up one of the folds, I look inside curiously.

There are piles of pictures everywhere. All of them display me in different locations. My eyes widen in horror and I flip the box over. The pictures sink into a mountain on my desk along with a white envelope. With my heart in my throat, I tear it open and unfold the letter inside.

Don't act like I haven't noticed you. Next time I see you trying to follow me, I'm shooting that pig-like bitch of your sister into pieces. You've been warned.

+

who do you think the letter came from?

please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter! thank youu

-e