FIFTEEN || ALEXANDER

"I'm serious!" I yell to the detective. "The person who told me all about this is Vincent Jones!"

The detective lets out a tired sigh. "There is no one named Vincent Jones. How many times do I need to tell you that?"

I stand up, my chair tipping over and falling behind the back of my knees. It hits the floor with a clang, startling the detective. I ignore the chair and lean over, slamming my hands against the table. "Look into every single record I have. This happened all because of Vincent. I can bet my life on that."

The detective's eyebrow flies up in surprise. "You're going to bet your life on a nonexistent person?"

My hands curl tightly into fists. "Sir, Vincent isn't a nonexistent person. I've known him since I was 13."

The detective opens up the packet in his hands with a frown. "We looked into your records, Mr. Cruz. You've participated in illegal street fighting since you started high school. There wasn't anyone you ever associated with during that time."

With an angry yell, I turn away and slam my hands against the wall. "Goddamn it!"

"Mr. Cruz," the detective warns. "Take a seat—"

"Don't tell me what to do!" I scream at him as I spin around. "I just got framed for something I never did and now you people are telling me the real culprit is a fucking nonexistent person? What do you want from me!?"

My eyes scan down to the detective's hand and I can see it graze the gun in his holster. He seems to take notice and gives me a grim look. "Please, Mr. Cruz, just calm down."

I take heaving breaths before slowly regaining my senses. Plopping down into my chair, I face the detective. "I want to know what witnesses say. There has to be at least one mentioning Vincent."

He flips to a page in his packet. "This is one witness from Brynn Chopra. Ever heard of her?"

My eyes suddenly widen in shock. I stare at the detective incredulously. "B-Brynn?"

He nods his head slowly. "Yes. She claimed that her money had been stolen by you so you could invest in street fighting by yourself."

"Wh-What!?" I grab the papers from the detective's hands to see for myself. Ignoring the impatient noise he lets out, I read the entire paragraph of Brynn's testimony.

"I never even did a task for her involving her credit cards," I finally state. "And I'm telling you, I got all the information about the fight from Vincent!"

The detective finally stands up, snatching the packet back to himself. "For fuck's sake, Alexander, just owe back the cash and move on! We're running in circles with the same goddamn conversation about this Vincent guy!"

I look at the detective intensely. "I will bring Vincent Jones. I'll prove to everyone that it was never me!"

The detective grabs me by my collar. "You're still arrested until we get some evidence that's on your side. I'll bring in the boys."

He opens the door and two officers step in. They grasp my arms aggressively as they pull me out of the interrogation room.

"I'll prove it to you, sir!" I yell as the officers drag me to the cells. "Just wait! I'll prove it!"

+

My neck aches from sleeping in an awkward position. I groan as the door of my cell creaks open, the beam of a flashlight blinding my vision. I spot three officers looking down at me with a disgusted look.

"Let's go, Cruz," one of them snaps. "You're getting out of here."

I look up at them, completely startled. "R-Really?"

"What, you wanna stay a little longer?" Another cop teases. The officers break into laughter as I stand up, shuffling outside. They guide me to the front of the police station, and I spot an unfamiliar man standing at the front desk. He gives me a kind smile as the officers push me towards him.

"Stay out of trouble, Cruz." The first officer mutters to me. I ignore him and follow the man to the parking lot.

"Did you bail me out?" I ask him. The man nods his head but doesn't say anything. He continues to walk until we get to a very luxurious looking car.

"Get in," he instructs. I open the car handle and slowly hop into the backseat. My eyes scan to the side and I almost flinch at the sight of her.

"Alexander," Sasha greets me with a small smile. Her face is complete bare without a touch of makeup; she looks so different. My lips part in shock and I clear my throat.

"H-Hi," I mutter. "What are you doing here?"

She looks down at her lap as the man begins to drive the car. "I got you out of there."

My face softens. "Sasha..."

Shaking her head, she turns to me. "It's not out of love or anything, or—" she stops mid-sentence and sighs in annoyance. "Okay, part of it was out of love, but it's also because I need to ask you something really important."

I nod eagerly. "Yes, ask me anything!" I gently take her hands. "I will do anything for you now, Sasha. You saved my life."

The troubled look on her face grows into a small smile. Her eyes begin to grow watery and her voice shakes as she says, "I don't know what to do, Alexander."

My eyebrows knit together in confusion. "What's wrong? Is there someone hurting you?"

She takes a quivering breath. Her hands are trembling in mine. "It's just so...hard. Every day I try to find the one person I've been searching for my entire life and now that they're here...I just can't even imagine..."

"Sasha," I prompt quietly. "Who is this person?"

Her eyes are suddenly glassy, looking somewhere else except my face. There's something she isn't telling me. "I want to kill them so badly."

I gently shake her, trying to get her back into her senses. "Sasha, you're scaring me. What the hell happened?"

Sasha takes a deep breath before looking at me. The stare she is giving me sends chills down my spine. "My brother was killed by a cowardly driver a few years ago. No one could find a trace of the driver or the vehicle so the case was closed," her voice breaks and she sniffles. "I was left alone to pursuit my brother's killer so that he can live happily in heaven."

My mouth parts open in shock. "Sasha, that's horrible. Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss," the expression on her face doesn't change. I clear
my throat, "Did you find the driver?"

She nods her head, her bottom lip trembling. A tear drips down her cheek, landing right where my hand is covering hers. "I did."

The next words make my entire body freeze. "It was you."

+

who's on sasha's side and who's on alexander's side ???

please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter! thank youu (:

-e