TWENTY-THREE || VINCENT

My blood boils at the sight of him. Standing in the middle of the hazy bar, giving Sasha a ridiculous smile, as if he can have her for himself. Clenching my jaw, I step out from the shadows and slowly saunter my way towards the two.

"...did you know I was here?" Sasha is saying to Alexander.

"Diego told me everything," he replies. "Listen, Sasha, you can't be here right now."

I grit my teeth. They know each other.

"No," Sasha retorts. "I figured everything out! I know who the driver is—"

I stop right beside Sasha and wrap an arm around her, smirking at the way she jumps in alarm. She looks up at me in surprise and I return with a grin. "Somehow you found me again."

Alexander's eyebrows narrow together as his eyes glance from Sasha to me. "Wait...you two know each other?"

I nod my head before Sasha can reply. "She slept with me."

Everyone lets out whistles and murmurs as the color drains from Alexander's face. I can barely hide the laughter ready to erupt from my mouth. Sasha shoves my arm away from her, reaching over to grab Alexander's hand instead.

"Wait, this isn't what I came for!" Sasha says quickly. "It's about my brother!"

Alexander pushes his hand away from her and glares at me with such hatred that almost makes me step back. He moves away from Sasha and walks towards me.

"Bastard," he growls as he grabs the collar of my shirt aggressively. "You've taken everything from me and yet, you still don't know when to stop."

I give him a smug smile. "You're just too nice to say 'no'."

Alexander grabs my head and shoves his knee right into my face. I let out a yell as blood spurts from my nose, dripping down into a puddle on the floor. My head suddenly feels light and I stumble onto the floor in dizziness.

"Fuck," I grumble, trying to wipe off the blood quickly. The entire bar has gone crazy, hooting in laughter and excitement.

"Alexander, we need to go!" Sasha yells, but I can barely lift my head to see if Alexander is obliging. Before I can look up, something hard slams into my ribs and knocks the breath out of me. I let out a scream this time as pain explodes all over my torso. My lungs suddenly feel tight and I'm sure a few of my ribs have cracked.

"Don't you dare try to mess with me again," Alexander snarls into my face. "I swear I'll fucking kill you if you go anywhere near her or me again."

A low groan escapes my lips as I lie on the floor limply. Footsteps echo all over the place before a face comes into view. Don looks down at me with a concerned expression.

"Boss, you need an ambulance?" He asks, already holding his phone in his hand.

I can barely move my head before my eyelids grow heavy. Swearing under my breath, I let the world go black.

+

it's what he deserves.

just a quick heads up: this book will be coming to an end soon... :( there are only a few chapters left! i can't believe i actually got this far tbh

please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter! thank you (:

-e