EIGHTEEN || ALEXANDER

Sasha is sitting near the cafe, speaking with an unfamiliar girl across from her. She hasn't seen me but I'm already nervous. My breathing gets shaky as I slowly walk towards her with my heart thundering in my chest.

When our eyes meet, Sasha immediately freezes.

"Morning, ladies," I say in the calmest tone I can muster. The girl turns around and her mouth opens in shock, completely surprised.

"Anaya," Sasha says to the girl. "It's okay. Let him be."

Anaya gives Sasha a glare, her thick eyebrows scrunching together in annoyance. "This guy is ruining our company's image! How are you so fine with it?!"

Sasha returns a serene smile to her friend. "He's done way worse than you think." The words make me visibly grimace. Sasha pretends not to notice and waves at Anaya. "Give us a few minutes, please?"

Anaya stands up, giving me a death stare and even shoving her shoulder against mine when she walks past me. I don't turn back to look at her.

"You have exactly three minutes," she says as she crosses her arms. I slowly sit down across from her, taking a few deep breaths.

"I found out about something after you left," I slowly say. "I think Brynn Chopra is purposely trying to remove me from the company."

Sasha rolls her eyes. "Enough of this immature shit. Just because you two don't like working together doesn't mean you need to—"

I blurt out the words before Sasha can finish. "Brynn put the evidence on me."

Her body goes entirely still, the scowl on her face disappearing in a second. She stares at me with wide eyes, and I can see so many emotions washing over her face.

"Wh-What are you talking about?" Sasha finally whispers.

I pull out the photos from my pockets. "My brother caught Brynn and her sister stalking me for almost a month. They probably looked into my entire life to try and find anything to get me out of this company. That's why the evidence was pointed to me on your brother's accident."

Sasha frowns. "But the video...it had your voice in it. Your blood and your fingerprints were all in the driver's seat." She looks up at me with a hopeless expression. "Alexander, even I don't want to know that you're the driver."

I absorb in her words, feeling defeated once again. What video is there to prove that I killed her brother? My hands release the photographs that do not matter anymore.

"So you're going to put me in jail now?" I ask in a bitter tone.

Sasha slowly reaches over, gently grasping my forearm. I look up in surprise at her touch while she speaks, "No, I'm not. This whole entire thing is in my hands, and now I've decided to remove it from my life." She leans back against her chair. "But, I'm not going to be too nice. Step into this building one more time and I'll consider bringing in my lawyer for this."

The cold-hearted demeanor has been brought out again. She looks at me with eyes that want to rip me apart or shoot me right in the face with a gun. I don't blame her; in fact, I'm more relieved that she's not going to put me in jail.

"Go," Sasha orders, standing up. "Don't even send a resignation letter to me. Just get out of here and find another job. Go."

I reach for her hand. "Sasha—"

She turns away sharply, her lip trembling as she fights back tears. "Do not use my first name. Get out or I'm going to call security."

My heart begins to twist in pain. I stare at her, trying to find another way to convince her that I'm innocent. Every tendon, every artery, every organ, everything in my body might as well just tear apart. I have never felt so hopeless until now, and it hurts.

A tear begins to trickle down Sasha's cheek. She angrily wipes it before turning on her heel and walking away.

Her name is simply just a name now. No extravagant, beautiful goddess of fashion, no rich daughter of a worldwide clothing line, no sweet and shy future girlfriend.

Miss Nam turns the corner, and that is my last memory of her.

+

im sorry...things will get better (maybe)

please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter! thank youu :)

-e