SIXTEEN || SASHA

My heart hurts. My entire body hurts. Every single cell is screaming pain. I would much rather want this car to crash or a bullet to sink into my brain.

The sight of seeing Alexander like this crushes me like a boulder.

"What?" Alexander's voice is barely a whisper. He looks at me with pure shock. "What are you talking about? I've never killed anyone in my life, even in fights!"

I shake my head, the tears escaping freely now. "How can you possibly say that? I heard your voice in that video, Alexander. Your fingerprints were on the driver's wheel and your blood was on the airbag! Everything points to you..." The car is filled with my sobs as I turn away, crying into my palms. "It was all you!"

His hands grip mine tightly in an iron lock, the gaze in his eyes almost frightening me. "Sasha, I have never killed anyone before. I never have and I never will, especially anyone in your family! You need to believe me on that—"

I stare at him intently through my tears. "Then what? Is the evidence all fake? Is my brother's death going to be something swept under the rug?"

The car suddenly slows, then halts. I keep my eyes down on my lap as Mr. Hong steps out of the car.

"Sir, you must leave." He says to Alexander.

"Sasha, please," Alexander's hands are shaking. "We'll figure this out, okay?"

Mr. Hong grabs Alexander and nudges him out of the car. I can hear him, trying to struggle away from Mr. Hong. He sounds desperate and lost, the noise of his cries stabbing daggers into my heart. I clamp a hand to my mouth, muffling the sobs that finally pour out. The world goes bleak around me.

Alexander is wrong. Everything have already been figured out.

+

hi everyone! im so sorry for all the slow updates. this chapter is basically a quick filler before shit goes downnnn :/

please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter! thank you all so muchh (:

-e