TWENTY-ONE || DIEGO

one month later...

My jaw drops as soon as I enter the building. It's massive, probably 100 stories tall. Men and women walk by with sophisticated expressions, looking so intimidating and serious. I wander my way to the front desk where a pretty woman is in the middle of a conversation on the phone.

"Of course, sir!" She is saying as I make eye contact with her. "We will get the delivery to you right away. Yes, thank you. Goodbye."

As soon as she sets the phone down, a huge smile spreads across her face. "Hello! How may I help you?"

I clear my throat. "I'm looking for Miss Sasha Nam. Is she here today?"

The woman's smile slightly falters before she looks down at her computer. "Yes she is. Have you scheduled an appointment with her?"

I shake my head. "I won't need to. She'll talk to me anyway."

The woman's smile is gone now. "Sir, Miss Nam is very busy today. You must schedule an appointment with her."

I raise an eyebrow. "Why are you getting so nervous? I just want to talk to her."

Her eyes gaze away to her computer and she hands me a card. "Contact her if it is that important."

I slowly pick up the card, ignoring at how cold this worker just treated me. Walking away, I decide to sit by one of the plush chairs in the lobby. An old woman already is occupying a seat. Her eyes glance towards me and she involuntarily moves closer to the end. I glare at her as I pull out my phone. Is everyone in this building racist?

I only need to wait a few minutes before I hear loud chatter coming up from the hallway.

Spinning around in my seat, my eyes instantly land on the beautiful woman walking beside at least a dozen employers. I pull out my phone and open the image of Sasha Nam to make sure.

"...the meeting needs to be pushed back," Sasha is saying to an older woman next to her. "I called Mr. Hong earlier so the design team can send in the next project by tonight. Make sure—"

"Miss Nam?" I call out eagerly. She immediately freezes and turns slightly, her eyes meeting mine. Suddenly my heart begins to race and my hands grow sweaty. I clear my throat and give her a watery smile. "Hi, do you have a moment?"

A man steps forward with a stern expression on his face. "Sorry, young man, but you will have to wait later."

I push past him and step closer towards Miss Nam. "Please, this is important!"

She turns to the man with an annoyed look. "Kevin, take him out."

The man nods before pressing his hand against my back and nudging me away. "Alright, let's go."

"Wait!" My voice fills the entire hallway as I turn again to Miss Nam. "This is about Alexander!"

The entire group goes silent. Only Miss Nam's body goes rigid at the sound of my brother's name. Her face turns into a scowl, but I can see the curiosity in her eyes. "What about Alexander?"

I give her a pleading look. "This is very important, Miss Nam. If you can give me only five minutes of your time..."

The woman next to Miss Nam presses a hand against her shoulder. "Miss, you have to attend the board meeting soon."

Miss Nam brushes her hand away. "Cancel it."

To my relief, she sends away the group of people and walks towards me. I let a smile grow on my lips but it quickly disappears when she gives me a cold look.

"Follow me," she orders as she begins to walk back to the elevators. People watch her as she passes by, some even taking pictures. I feel awkwardly exposed in front of all these eyes as I try to keep my head down.

When the doors open, Miss Nam beckons me to step inside. She shuts the doors before anyone else can get on. I shudder at how manipulative she is.

"What is your name?" She asks as the elevator begins to take us up.

"Diego," I answer, my voice sounding shaky. "I came here to talk about your brother's death."

The tension in the air builds up rapidly, practically suffocating me. Miss Nam slowly turns to me, and her voice is cold. Very cold.

"How do you know about my brother?"

I clear my throat quickly and pull out the photographs of the two stalkers from my backpack. "These two women have been following my brother around for a while now. At first I thought it was because of how he's the whole fighter celebrity, but then I realized that they just want to kick him out of this company."

Miss Nam inhales sharply as she examines the photos. "What does this have to do with Daniel?"

"Practically everything. I think one of them decided to somehow put the evidence onto my brother so that he can never get close to you again." I take out my phone and scroll through my photos, finding the screenshot of the video footage. "I even asked my aunt about this, who is a lawyer, by the way."

The doors of the elevators open but Miss Nam doesn't step out yet. "You told a lawyer about this?"

I can tell she's nervous now, maybe even scared. "Well, since it's a closed case, I just said that she doesn't need to pay too much attention—"

Miss Nam walks out of the elevator, rubbing her hands together frantically. She walks down a long hallway with her shoulders hunched. As we enter a different room, I realize that Miss Nam doesn't look so majestic and intimidating now. If anything, she's just a confused and heartbroken woman who simply wants her brother back.

I take a deep breath as Miss Nam shuts the door behind us. She removes her heels and instructs me to take off my shoes as well. We maneuver to a long, white desk and Miss Nam pulls a chair over for me.

"Okay," she clasps her hands together and looks at me straight in the eyes. "Tell me exactly what you learned and do not leave any details. No lying, no sugarcoating, nothing. I want the naked truth."

I slowly sink down onto the chair. My hands are trembling but my mind is only focused on the one thing I've been dying to tell.

I need to help Alexander.

So I do what I need to do.

I give Miss Nam a sincere smile, and I tell her everything.

+

sorry if yall are confused af

everything will start to make sense later on (:

please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter!! thank youu

-e