NINETEEN || VINCENT

I stomp on the cigarette, watching the tiny flame disappear into black ashes. The bar is empty today; the only customer is me. I look around in boredom, listening to the soft music and the muffled conversations between the two bartenders. Who is Vincent Jones when he is nothing but a lonely loser?

Resting my chin against the table, I shut my eyes and let my drowsiness take over me. Business hasn't gone well, thanks to Alexander for quitting. Brynn wasn't able to get the $100,000 from him for some idiotic reason. He even got bailed out by some rich person he met in his oh-so-brilliant company.

I roll my eyes. What a douchebag.

The doorbells jingle loudly, signaling that someone has entered. I don't bother to look up, feeling too tired.

The customer takes a seat next to me, and a waft of perfume suddenly fills my nose. My eyes open in surprise and I instantly sit up.

A beautiful girl sits next to me, dressed in a ruffled top that outlines the waist of her body. My eyes scan down to the bottom, where a skirt barely reaches the middle of her thighs. A smile grows on my lips as I linger my eyes back up to her face.

"What are you gawking at?" She suddenly grumbles, giving me a dirty look. I clear my throat, straightening my posture.

"Well, I can't help but notice how beautiful you look." I answer her with a wink. Her expression, however, doesn't change. She rolls her eyes and turns away, a curtain of hair shielding the side of her face.

I turn in my seat so that my elbows are balanced against the edge of the table. "You know, pretty girls like you only come to places like here when they've broken up or depressed."

The girl doesn't look at me as she answers, "You could say both."

My eyebrows raise. "How could anyone think of breaking up with someone as beautiful as you?"

She turns to me again, her hands clenched as if she wants to strike me in the face. "You're one hell of a pathetic bastard if all you care about is beauty."

I grin cheekily. "You're fiery, princess. I like that."

The bartender takes her order as she ignores me once again. Once her drink is served, I can't help but stifle a laugh at how fast she finishes it.

"Now that," I say once she slams her cup down. "Is impressive."

She waves a hand at me. "Shut up, handsome."

As she calls for another drink, I let myself loosen up and lean a little closer towards her. "You think I'm handsome?"

The girl takes more shots now, avoiding to look back at me. "I like your body and your face. Your personality sucks though." She takes a deep breath wincing as she presses a hand to her throat. "Ow, that stings."

I chuckle softly. "Drink slowly, princess. This place is 24/7; you've got a long time."

Even when she doesn't glance up, I can see the pink tinge growing in her cheeks. My body thrums with triumph; I'm slowly progressing. "So, can I get your name?"

She takes a slow drink and sets her cup down. "Sasha. You?"

"Vincent," I answer. "How old are you, Sasha?"

She sloshes around the ice in her cup, already looking dazed. "Old enough to be drinking, of course."

I gently stop the cup she's shaking and pry it from her fingers. "Why are you really here, princess? You don't seem so sad as the other girls I've seen."

Her eyes linger up and finally meet mine, a smile forming on her lips. "I'm here because the man I fell in love with turned out to be my brother's killer."

I let my jaw drop. That was not an answer I was expecting. "Wow."

She nods her head in agreement. "Wow indeed."

The door lets out another ring and five men step inside, girls linked to their arms. The group already creates an uproar in the calm silence as they find a seat in the back booths. A waiter walks over with beers on his tray.

"It's getting a little too loud in here," I say into Sasha's ear. God, her hair smells so nice. "Should we go somewhere?"

She finishes her drink and looks at me with a scowl. "Where exactly are you planning to take me? A dungeon?"

I roll my eyes, extending my hand to her. "You need something to relieve your stress, princess," I give her a wink. "Why not use me?"

Sasha gives me a sly smile. "You're insane, Vincent."

I give her an innocent shrug. "No one will know. Not even this ex of yours."

Sasha grips my hand tightly as she slowly stands from her seat. I let her lean against me as I guide her away from the bar to the bathrooms in the hallway. My heart is thrumming in excitement against my chest.

"I hope you've had experience," she says, gently tugging at the hem of my shirt. She's already driving me wild.

"Don't worry," I say as I open the door. The lights are dimmed, just bright enough for me to see Sasha leaning in closer. My hand shuts the door behind my back as she begins to run her hands on my chest. "I got this."

+

yikes

team sasha or team alexander?

please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter! thank youu :)

-e