TWENTY-SIX || VINCENT

I've had enough.

The security guard in front of me has tears in his eyes, trembling violently as his gaze never leaves mine. His other companions are lying motionless on the floor, dirtying the ground with their blood.

I tuck my knife into my belt, picking up the crowbar. The storage closet is surprisingly big, big enough for me to hide the bodies. I stand up and walk towards the last one, who begins to cry harder once I grab his shirt collar.

"Tell me where she is, and I'll let you go," I growl into his face. Sweat is drenching his shirt as he removes his earpiece, dropping it to the ground.

"She's o-on the sixteenth floor," he gasps. "I-In a meeting."

I pick up the crowbar and place it on his forehead, smirking at the way he flinches. "Take me to her."

The hallway is empty when we reach the floor by the stairways. I can hear muffled conversations from inside the room, which tells me that there are many people in there.

"Bring her here," I instruct the security guard. "Tell her that her mother needs to speak with her."

The security guard nods his head, wiping the tears from his face. I lift the crowbar up and he immediately opens the door, disappearing inside.

Two minutes pass before the doors open again. The security guard and Sasha have their backs to me, making my plan easier. I slam the crowbar against the guard's head, watching as he collapses with a thud onto the ground. Crouching down, I feel for a pulse, disappointed that he still has one. Sasha flinches and turns around, her eyes immediately finding mine.

"Hello, Sasha," I say in a calm tone, dropping the crowbar onto the ground.

Her jaw goes slack and I notice her hands beginning to tremble. I get to my feet.

Sasha begins to look around, trying to escape. I lunge and grab her by the waist, slamming a hand onto her mouth and exposing my knife with my other. I pressed the blade onto her back, forcing her to stay still. Her body goes stiff as her breathing gets shorter.

"Don't make a sound," I growl into her ear. "You're gonna take me up to the roof and only then, you will talk. If you even try to call your little boyfriend for help, I'll gladly sink this knife into your body in front of him."

She lets out a small whimper before slowly nodding her head. I remove her hand cautiously, waiting a few seconds. Pushing her in front of me, I order her to walk. 

It almost takes forever to get up the stairway. Sasha's breathing becomes louder from exhaustion as I force her to walk faster. Every few minutes, she'll begin to slow down, which will make me press the knife harder against her skin.

Blood is dotting the back of Sasha's shirt. She hisses in pain as I shove her to the exit door, leading to the rooftop. As she pushes the bar and swings the heavy door open, I pick up my foot and kick her forward. Sasha yelps in alarm and falls to the floor with a loud thud.

"Alright," I look around before reaching down and grabbing Sasha's hair. She begins to scream, trying to hit me with her balled fists. 

"Get away from me!" She cries, throwing a puny kick at my knee. My temper begins to shorten and I slice my knife right across her arm. Sasha screams in horror as she finally stops fighting, holding onto her bleeding arm instead. I let my eyes wander to a row of fold-able chairs, all lined neatly in one corner of the space. 

"Keep your fucking mouth shut," I snap. Pulling her with me, I grab one of the chairs and snap it open. Sasha glares at me  once I force her to sit down. I take another chair for myself and sink into it comfortably, giving her a mirthless smile.

Her eyes are on the knife as she asks me, "Why did you bring me here?"

I twirl the knife in my hand as I gaze over her shoulder to see the rest of the buildings around us. "The view is certainly nice," I look at her again. "Too bad it'll be your last time seeing this."

She shakes her head. "You won't win. You never will."

I stop twirling the knife and stare at her curiously. "You really are selfish, Sasha. Everything always ends up about you, which is honestly not that surprising to me." I take the knife and gently rest the tip of its blade onto Sasha's knee. She inhales sharply as I press the blade with a little more pressure. 

A satisfied grin grows on my face. "See? There's no one to save you now."

Sasha swallows hard, gripping the edges of her chair with trembling fingers. "Go to hell, asshole."

The smile on my face drops. "If your brother was still here, I'd cut his goddamn head off in front of you."

The words seem to physically hit Sasha. I stumble back as she shoots up from her chair, lunging at me. Her hands slam into my throat and I let out a chortled gasp, pain shooting all around my neck. The knife drops from my hand as Sasha locks her grip around my neck, squeezing and leaning her weight forward. I begin to choke and gasp, spittle flying from my mouth, as I try to push her off. 

A loud voice startles both of us. "Sasha!"

She turns her head, momentarily distracted, and I take the perfect time to shove my knee up and kick her in the gut. Sasha cries out, stumbling away, her body curling up in pain. 

I find the knife and pick it up, ignoring the sounds of footsteps echoing everywhere. My only focus now is on the nape of her neck, the pale skin awaiting to be covered in blood. I grip the handle tightly.

"You messed with the wrong person today, Sasha."

My hand raises, the blade glinting in the sunlight. Voices everywhere, footsteps pounding, sirens wailing. I ignore it all.

In one swift movement, I swing the knife down. 

+

if i could, i'd punch vincent in the throat. who agrees?

please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter! thank youu (:

-e