TWENTY || SASHA

Apparently, the bathrooms are too difficult to deal with. Vincent ends up taking me to his car instead.

Half past an hour, we lie there in the heat of the car, our sweaty bodies pressed against the backseat. My chest heaves with every inhale I take. I feel so drained and exhausted; this idiot is way too energetic about this.

Vincent rolls down the window slightly, letting in some fresh air. It's almost midnight by now, considering how dark it is outside. Vincent had parked the car at the end of an empty parking lot near Walmart.

"Feels good, huh?" Vincent says after a few moments of silence. He looks at me with a grin. "Relieving stress like this?"

Sex is rarely a stress reliever to me, and right now, I am not relieved at all. When Vincent had pressed his body against mine, all I could think of was Alexander. As if Alexander was the one sleeping with me. As if Alexander was here, right next to me in this hot car.

"Hey," Vincent nudges my arm. "Why do you look so mad?"

I turn to him, feigning innocence. "I'm not mad."

Vincent scoffs, pulling out a cigarette. "Don't bullshit me, Sasha. You still look stressed." He leans in closer, gently rubbing his hand against my chest. I shudder at his warm touch as he whispers, "how 'bout another round?"

I take the cigarette from his mouth. Smiling, I lie back down against the backseat, pushing away the bad thoughts from my mind once again.

+

An hour has passed and Vincent is asleep right next to me. The air is suffocating, even with the windows rolled halfway down. I wipe the sweat from my hairline and slowly remove Vincent's arm from my waist. As I begin to search for my bra, my phone suddenly buzzes from the console.

"Hello?" I call as I balance my phone against my shoulder.

"You little brat," my mother snaps at me from the other end of the line. "Where are you? What building? Are you alone? Did you go drinking with your friends? Why—"

I find the rest of my clothes and begin to shove them on. "Umma, I'm just out shopping. I'll be home in ten minutes."

My mother scoffs. "The mall closes at eight, you idiot! Do you have any idea what time it is right now?"

I try to think of another excuse. "They had some sales going on, okay? I didn't even realize how long I was there."

"You should've called or at least texted! Why do you always act so stupid!? Your father and I almost called the police—"

My temper begins to rise and I stop moving for a moment. "Call the fucking police if you want, for all I care. I'm sick of you treating me like your slave, not your daughter!" The phone slams onto the ground as soon as I end the call. My breathing comes out hard as guilt replaces my anger.

Vincent has awaken from his nap and he has a smirk on his face. As I button my jeans, he gently grasps my wrist and stops me.

"I need to go," I mutter at him, already annoyed.

He nods his head. "I know. Just give me your number before you do."

His number. I can't let anyone know what I've just done, especially my parents. "What happened to pretending this was never gonna happen?"

Vincent gives me a shrug. "Well, I changed my mind. We don't need to share this with anyone anyway."

I shoot him a glare, opening the door behind me. "You're pretty desperate, you know that?"

Before he can say another word, I'm already slamming the door and walking away.

+

"How dare you!" My father shakes his finger at me. "How dare you speak to your mother like that!?"

I avert his gaze, staring shamefully at the carpet below my feet. My mother stands a few feet away from me, her eyes bloodshot from crying. My heart feels heavy with nothing but guilt.

"What were you really doing?" My father growls at me. He takes the collar of my shirt and I gasp in alarm as he shoves me forward. "What were you doing?!"

"Honey, stop," my mother finally says. She grabs my father's forearm and pries his fingers away from me. I stumble back, still shocked at what my dad had just done.

"You are to stay in our home or the company at all times," my father orders. His voice gets louder as he speaks, "And if you even try to leave, I will make sure that Vivace does not get into your hands!"

My father slams the door in front of my face, the deafening noise piercing my eardrums. I swallow back the lump of emotions growing at the back of my throat, but it's too late. Tears began to stream down my face and I turn away, trudging back to my room.

There is no way I am going to live happily as I thought I would. There is no way that I will forever be comfortable with my life.

I messed up, again.

+

poor sasha :( okay i PROMISE things get better im the next chapter !! just be patient with me :)))

please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter!! thank youu

-e