TWENTY-EIGHT || SASHA

The pain is unbearable. Blood is streaming down and growing into a pool beneath my body. My mouth is agape in shock as I look down. It hurts. It hurts so bad.

"Sasha!" Alexander is screaming. He has his hand on my abdomen, trying to stop the wound. There are tears running down his cheeks as he cries my name. Here, in front of me, he has never looked so beautiful.

The sunlight bathes us in warmth on the cold concrete ground. I do not know where Vincent is but I do not care. All I want is the love of my life, holding me like this in my last moments.

I try to whisper his name. Speak the syllables correctly. I try to call to him for the final time. Instead, my voice cracks and the air is suddenly gone. My lungs grow tight as I try to fight for air.

"Sasha," Alexander sobs. He presses my face to his, his skin so warm and calming against mine. My body shudders, wishing for just a few moments longer. Alexander hugs me gently, kissing my forehead.

"I'm so sorry," Alexander whispers. "I'm so sorry, Sasha."

It's not your fault, I want to tell him. My body is frozen but I want to stroke my fingers through his hair for the last time. Alexander, I'm right here.

"Someone help!" Alexander yells. The tears from his face drip down to my hands. I watch as the droplet trickles away, hiding itself into the bed of blood beneath us.

Soon, the ground is shaking as footsteps stomp towards us. I hear so many people talking, so many sirens screaming...

"Sasha, you're gonna be okay," Alexander whispers to me. "We have an ambulance now."

I look up at him, shaking my head. Words pile up on my tongue but they don't spill out. I grip onto Alexander's shirt collar, pulling him towards me. His lips find mine and I kiss him with all the strength I can muster.

"Sasha," Alexander mumbles after he pulls away. I look into his eyes, those chocolate colored eyes I fell in love with on the first day he came to me. A smile grows on my lips. Oh, how I will miss being with him...

I tilt my head back as my body grows limp.

The sky is bright. It is glowing, a beautiful sea of a gleaming yellow. I stare up at it, the noises around me fading away. I am not in pain. I look up, and I see him there.

I am crying, but I am not sad. I want to scream, I want to dance, I want to show him how happy I am. I am exhilarated.

I reach out, and he says my name.

For the first time, he says my name.

I hold his hands in mine. He is real.

Daniel is real.

+

*gasps along with all of you*

-e