Strangers

"So where do you want to go next?" Ally asked with her cheery attitude.

She's really excited about us going out huh? She's even oblivious to the tension that's building between me and the girl right beside me.

We're not talking. She's not even looking at me.I know because my eyes constantly looks back in her direction even if I didn't want to.

Well, maybe I do.. But you cannot blame me right? The whole meeting her again felt surreal. I even pinched myself several times just to see if I'm just dreaming the whole thing or not.

"Hey Erin, what do you think?"Ally nudged me and looked at me expectantly. I was too busy drowning myself in my thoughts earlier that I completely zoned out.

"Umm what is it again?"I asked.
My ears reddening like a deer caught in headlights.

"Be grateful that you're cute"Ally pouted in a playful manner and then continued clinging in my shoulders.

"I was just asking if you want to grab some pizza for lunch.We pretty much agreed about it while you were zoning out earlier "she chuckled.

"Oh. Yeah. Sure"I gushed out.

"Great!"she said while kissing my cheeks. I didn't mind though she's always like that and I guess it became her habit whenever she's super happy or excited.

But then my eyes found hers again.I caught her looking with a frown etched in her angelic face but then she reverted her gaze elsewhere.

What's with the frown? Is she disgusted by me again knowing that I'm attracted to girls? Is that it?

I heaved a deep sigh. Maybe that's why she's acting as if she doesn't know me.

And I can't really describe how much it breaks my heart when I really shouldn't care. She's a stranger to me now and I am to her. I've moved on but why does it feels like nothing has changed after all those years?

----

After some time of walking we finally entered the diner they've been looking for.

"Their pizzas are epic I'm sure you will like it here babe"Justine winked at Lauren.

"I sure hope so" she offered him a smile.

We found a vacant table in the far corner .I can tell that this diner is really famous. The place is almost packed, luckily we still found a vacant place.

Justine asked for our orders as he volunteered to buy and pay for our food. I can't really say no to free pizza can I?

By his looks I can tell that he's a really nice and well off guy.

"Okay I'll be right back in a sec"he said as he walked towards the cashier.
"He's really nice you know? "Ally said to my ex best friend.
"You're really lucky"

"I know"she flashed her dazzling smile again.

"So hey. I'm just going freshen up in the restroom for a bit"she said.

I nod.

Once ally was gone it hit me.
I'm officially alone with Lauren and I don't know what to do. At first it was silent and I took a profound interest in my phone as if my life depended on it.

Thank you phone for saving my life. I thought.

But just as I was in the middle of mindlessly holding and tapping at it without really doing anything. She spoke.

"Eri"she murmured just loud enough for me to hear. "Can we talk? "

I stopped dead in my tapping. I slowly placed it down and looked at her. She looked really nervous and I guess I am too.

"Lauren"I said. Her name sounds foreign yet still familiar once it escaped my mouth.

It was bittersweet.

"What's there to talk about? "I asked in a low voice.

"You made it clear that you don't know me and I guess I don't really know a single thing about you like I used to before.. "I continued.

"So technically that makes us strangers right? "I asked while trying so hard to control my voice.

"I'm sorry "she said.  "I didn't know...I was surprised when I saw you again and I.. I just don't know what to do. I-I panicked. I'm really sorry. "

"I understand. You wouldn't want anything to do with me right? So why bother addressing that you know me? I'm just a nobody. "I said.

I can hear my heart breaking again.It's like shattering into crumbs right now.

"That's not it.. "she started but before she can explain any further Ally arrived with Justine not far behind.

Our conversation ended and we're back to being strangers.

"I'm sorry babe I made you wait.The line was really long"he laid our orders down and pecked her lips.

"It's okay"she replied with another kiss.She acted as if the conversation earlier didn't happen .

This time I saved myself the heartbreak and reverted my gaze back to the only thing that will never break my heart.

Pizza.

------

So what do you think? Don't forget to leave your comments.

I really want to know if I should continue this or not. But thank you for reading ^•^

Have a great day.
Xoxo