Remember to Forget

"When someone is in your heart, they're never truly gone. They can come back to you, even at unlikely times."
-

"I'm scared of you abandoning me because you don't want us to be this way.I don't want to lose the best friend I've ever had in my life. "

The memories keep coming back to me.The old wounds that I buried deep down in my heart are slowly resurfacing .

I can't.

This is too much. I'm already over her but why does it hurts so much?

It feels like my heart is being torn in two.

I cannot breathe.

"Hey, is there something wrong? "
"You look like you're gonna be sick " Ally caressed my face, worry evident in her eyes.

"Don't worry I'm fine. " I lied.

She looked really skeptical but she let it go, after all it's already our second subject and our teacher is about to arrive.

"Umm hi" a voice started.

"Is this seat taken? " she asked while standing in front of us. I didn't bother looking up.

I know exactly who that voice belonged to.

"You can have it." Ally who's seating at my right answered.

I felt the empty chair in my left move and was then occupied.

I sighed.

"Thank you. "she replied. Her voice still the sweetest melody in my ears.

I can feel her eyes looking right at me but I didn't bother looking back. I'm not sure if I will be able to hold myself if i did.

"By the way, Lauren. " Ally started a conversation with her. "What brings you here? I thought you'll be staying in the city? "she asked.

"It's a long story. "she said.

"We have time. " Ally said expectantly.

"Okay."But just as she was about to explain Mrs. Rose arrived.

She'll be our teacher for this subject which is literature. I can see that she's already in her fourties but it's evident that age bode her well.

"Well I guess we can continue this later. You'll join us in the cafeteria right? " Ally continued.

"I don't know. Is that okay with you guys ? " Lauren replied. Hesitation laced in her voice.

"Of course it's okay. You're one of us now. Right Erin? "she directed her question right at me and I simply nodded.

"It's settled then"

Just great. Now I have to be around her constantly and it's becoming more and more inevitable.

"Okay class , today you will be having your first activity. " I can hear the protests of some of my classmates but I couldn't care less.

"You'll be making a short poem in ten minutes.You may start now." she instructed.

Someone asked her the topic and she said that we can write about whatever we wanted.

I started writing right away. This is my escape. I can write my feelings in this poem and no one will know. Well except for me and Mrs.Rose but that's beyond the point.

I poured my heart out in the duration of our time and when it was finally over the teacher started calling names.

What the heck?

It turned out that we have to present our poem in front. I prayed that I wouldn't be called but I really shouldn't have.

It's all in vain as I was called by our teacher.

"Good luck." Ally cheered for me.

I'm really nervous right now as I walk right down the aisle. I can feel my hands shaking as I held the paper.

The teacher looked at me expectantly.

I started .

"What is this feeling I have inside me?
Is this real? Is this a dream?
Or is this pain letting go a silent scream?"

It's different when I recite my poem. I instantly forget everything.I just did my part and poured everything in order to convey my feelings.

I continued.

"Forget the time that went so fast
Forget it all, it's in the past
Forget the dreams that can't come true
Remember now she has someone new.

Forget the time that once you shared
Forget the fact that once she cared
Forget how close you two once were
Remember the pain you couldn't bear

Sometimes I act like things are all okay,
But the truth is I really want to run away.
I worry that if I continue to stay
It might be wrong and I might be in your way.
I tried to bury my feelings every single day
But who am I fooling? They'll never go away. "

I finished and that's when I came back to my senses. I can see Ally smiling right at me and giving me a thumbs up.

"Very well said Ms. Taylor, you can now have your seat." the teacher dismissed me with a smile and as I made my way towards my seat I can feel a set of eyes boring through my soul.

She's looking right at me and this time I held her gaze.

----
Another update. I hope you like it.

Thank you for your support.I wouldn't be able to push through without you guys.

Btw. The quote above is from Mitch Albom. I hope you like it. It really suits what the characters are going through right now and it's insane.I love it.

The song above is called A drop in the ocean.

Thank you again. Love y'all <3

Xoxo