Princess Charming

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
----

"Where are we?" I asked as I stepped outside of her car.

I surveyed the area.

Right in front of us there's a stone path with string of lights dangling above like firelights suspended in the darkness. We walked through it and that's when I saw the gazebo looming ahead of us.

It feels surreal. I never thought such a place exists.

Once we reached the gazebo. I noticed the food and the wine placed in the table. It looks really fancy

Did I miss something? What is this all about?

"This is a really special day Erin." Ally said.She's currently wearing a red dress that looks really good on her.

Her beauty is really enchanting.

"Why?" I'm really confused. What's with this day?

I waited for her answer

"It's the day I met you. " Oh. So it's this day.

I never thought she'd remember.

The first time we met was actually the day I saved her from a drunk guy who tried to assault her. I studied martial arts for some time when I was a kid so I guess meeting her in the alley was really fateful.

"I didn't know. I'm sorry." I'm really embarrassed right now because I didn't know. But in my defense , it happened a really long time ago.

"Don't be. I'm just glad that you're here with me. " She smiled. The kind of smile that often melts the heart of her admirers .

"But what's with all these stuffs Ally? " I gestured towards all the fancy foods,the lights and the garden.

I'm really confused.

"I really want to tell you something. But I'm afraid that you wouldn't talk to me after this. " She started. I'm really nervous right now. There's just something about this moment that reminds me of the past and let's just say that I'm not really keen to remember it.

I hope it's not what I think it is.

"I'm not gonna leave you. I promise. But you're making me nervous." I said as I waited for what she had to say.

"I don't know why or how it happened. Ever since I was a little girl, I've been dreaming for a Prince Charming to come and take me to his castle. I've been waiting for my knight in shining armor to battle his way towards me and take me away from my tower.I've been silently wishing for my own happily ever after. It's pretty embarrassing but somehow I believe in fairytales.I'm that kind of girl." She looked at me sincerely. Her grey eyes never leaving mine.

"But then you came into my life and made me realize that it's not a prince that I need and it's not a knight that I want. "

"Ally...." I said in a low voice but she cut me off. This cannot be happening right now. She's my best friend.

Not again.

"Erin, what I'm trying to say is that I've been in love with you ever since you came into my life. And I'm falling harder for you ever since. "

"Ally, I don't know If we should... You're my friend. I don't want to lose you too... " I will not let this happen again. I'm not going to lose another person in my life.

Love only makes things complicated and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of being hurt. I'm sick of people leaving me. And I'm definitely sick of being scared.

"I know. That's why I'm not really asking for anything in return. I just want you to know. That's all." My heart just broke because of what she said.

I can see myself in her position two years ago and it pains me. I didn't want this to happen. I didn't want her to fall for me.

"Erin, I know this is crazy. This is a lot to take in. And I'm not going to blame you if you think I'm going crazy too. This is just not me. You know that. But you made me do things that I've never done before. "

"Ally...I don't know what to say. " I really don't.

I do not want to hurt her because I love her. She's my friend and it's hard to find someone like her.

"You do not need to say anything. Just let me love you. That's all I'm asking for. " She looks like she's about to cry but she held it in. That's how stubborn she is.

"I'm willing to wait. Even if it takes a lifetime. I'm not going to get tired because you're worth waiting for. " She said as she moved forward and encased me in a warm embrace.

-----
Yay. So here's another update.

What do you think?

Please don't forget to leave your comments and suggestions. It really means a lot.

The quote above is from Neil Gaiman.

Thank you for reading.

Love y'all.

Xoxo