My beating heart

There are some people in our life who will turn our laugh a little louder,our smiles a little brighter and our heart a little warmer.

You may not realize it now but sometimes all you need is someone who will join you in your weirdness,your triumphs and even your hardships.
-
We were surrounded the moment we stepped out of the car. Everyone was there. One by one we accepted the heart warming hugs of our friends.

A smile crept up in my face when I saw them running towards us with open arms.

I was overwhelmed.

It's safe to say that I really missed them.

Nicole had her hair dyed in a long icy blue ombre and it really suits her cold straightworward attitude. But she's actually really nice once you get to know her.

She greeted me with a smile and then stepped back in order to make room for Cindy.

Cindy hasn't changed at all. Her auburn hair was still up in a ponytail and her glasses still covers her baby blue eyes. Nevertheless she flung her arms around me and Ally.

"We missed you guys."she said. Her baby blue eyes sparkling behind her black rimmed glasses.

"We missed you too 'mom'"Ally teased , flashing her pearly white teeth.

"Oh shut up." Cindy's the oldest in the group and she actually acts like it.

She's the mature and caring type of person.That's why we often tease her and call her mom. That's how much we love her.

I noticed the tall man behind the girls and exclaimed .

"Mason, You've gotten taller. "he just grinned at me. I feel small compared to his 6 foot one frame.

He's a really tall guy

Now that we're all in the same place. I cannot shrug the admiring glances being thrown in our direction .

It's quite embarrassing to say but our group pretty much owns the place.

Nicole is the school's head cheerleader,Cindy is the Student council's president ,Mason is the captain of the basketball team.

And well, no one can really compete with Ally's beauty.  Almost every male and female in the school adores her. She's also the granddaughter of Dr. Harold Preston-the owner of the school.

While I list my friends achievements I cannot quite say the same for me.

I mean, I'm just an average student.Except for the fact that I'm actually good in my academics and art which is a small feat compared to theirs.

"Come on Erin we've got to get our schedules first. "Ally linked arms with me as we entered the facade of the main building featuring the crest of our school which is a lion mounted on top of the neoclassical designed columns.

---

We were nearing the office where we're supposed to get our schedules when a girl emerged from the office.

She looks oddly familiar. I can feel my palms sweating for no reason and my heart beating faster than usual.

I tried so hard to catch a glimpse of her face as she paused in the doorway to look at her schedule. But her face was obscured by her hair and we're considerably a few feet away from her.

Disappointment coursed through my body as I watch her retreating figure.

A chorus of whispers flared up the moment she was gone.

"Wow, so she's the new girl I've been hearing about "Mason said in amazement.

"She looked hot"

Nicole rolled her eyes at him.
"Oh please Mason,you barely saw her face."

It's not a secret that the two of them dated for a while. It lasted for a year before they called it quits.

We do not specifically know what exactly happened. It was so sudden.

They were madly inlove with each other back then and now all they do is bicker.

"But I saw her body."he said with a lopsided grin.

"You mean her back? "Nicole said sarcastically. Her eyebrows raising in question.

"Yeah."Mason breathed out dreamily .

He's such a playboy.

The two continued their petty fight and I completely zoned them out.

Who is she?

The question played in the back of my mind like a broken tape recorder.

----
So hey, here's another update.

I'm really getting invested in this story but I don't know if I should continue this or not. I'm not sure if I'm writing it well.

I do not really want to disappoint. So tell me what you think.

Thank you for your support. It really means a lot.

Xoxo