Stars

So this is another flashback. I hope it's not getting in the way. I just want to give you guys a glimpse of what they have when they were still friends. The next chapter will be in the present.
-------
Flashback

"Come on slow poke" she tagged me and then ran straight into the open field.

"I bet you're slow"she insulted me while taking the lead.

Cheater. She had a headstart.

"That's unfair"I laughed while trying to catch up on her.

We're already nearing the fields and the abandoned tree house that we found when we were still young.It was covered in leaves back then but because of our constant visits it suddenly became our own secret hideout. It's not as hideous as it was before. It actually feels and looks like home when I think about it.

"See?I run faster"she beamed at me as we reached the tree.

"That was exhausting "I said as I tried to catch my breath. I have a really weak heart and stamina so I tend to get tired easily. But I'm fine as long as I'm with her. It's all worth it.

"Anyway,lets open our presents"she said while sitting and leaning against the trunk of the tree.

We have this tradition every Christmas eve that we have to give each other presents so here we are in our secret hiding place. Fulfilling our promises.

After our first encounter in the cemetery. It turns out that we're attending the same school. We became really close after that. And even after years of friendship we're still here smiling at each other,goofing around and most importantly having each others back. I'm lucky to have her.

"Here's your gift"I produced a medium sized box out of my bag and handed it to her. My hand feels really cold and sweaty right now. I didn't know if she will like the gift or not.

"Wow"she breathed out after unboxing my gift.

"It's beautiful "she said as she stared at the scrapbook I made filled with our memories.I managed to collect every pictures, memorabilias and stuffs that we shared together and put it all there. Even our very first picture together was there and the sticky notes we used to send when we were bored in class.

"Do you like it? "I scratched the back of my neck. I'm super embarrassed right now. I didn't know if she would like it or not.

"Erin.. "she coaxed.

"I love it"she grinned at me and then hugged me.

"Of course you do. It has all your embarrassing pictures "I teased her.

"Oh shut up"she said. "Anyway, here's your present "

She handed me a small box.
"I know it kinda doesn't compare to what you made for me but I hope you like it. "

I opened the box and to my surprise I found a compass necklace with an E engraved on it.

"I have its match "she said as she revealed another compass necklace with an L in the middle.

"No matter where"I read the sign in the compass.

I almost cried because of what she gave me.

"You'll always find me whenever you wear that and I'll always find you "

"You're corny do you know that? "I tried to joke around as I'm really feeling overwhelmed right now.

"But you still love me"she said.

If only you know.

"You wish"I bumped her shoulders.

"But thank you. This is really beautiful "I said sincerely.

I can see that she's smiling.
"Look up "she instructed.

I did what she told me and I was greeted by the night sky with stars painted everywhere in the vast canvass of the darkness.

"It's beautiful "I was in awe. It's a really wonderful sight.

"It is"she said.

"All those stars. Imagine if they were people. Seven billion stars with different beliefs, different looks, different personalities. "This time I turned to look at her. She's looking at the night sky and I was mesmerized with how passionate she is with what she's saying.

"And somehow that star gets to meet the star who will.."

"Love her"I supplied.

"Right"she replied. "Out of seven billion stars there's only that one special star meant for you. "

"It's amazing how that happens. Sometimes I wonder when will I meet that special star too. "

I'm right here. I wanted to say. But I can't. In her eyes I'm just her friend nothing more. But I'm actually contented with that. As long as I make her happy I'm fine with anything.

We stayed like that for a while. She watched the stars while I watched her watch the stars. She's already my star and I couldn't ask for more.

-------
So what do you think? Don't forget to leave your comments and suggestions ^•^

Thank you for reading

Xoxo