Chapter 12

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

"Emotionally: I'm done. Mentally: I'm drained. Spiritually: I'm dead. Physically: I smile." – unknown

Dearest Maisie,

Happy 5th birthday.

We are thinking of you 

and miss you.

Love you,

  Mary- Anne & Grandpa.

Dearest Maisie,

Happy 10th birthday!

We are thinking of you today and always.

Love you

Mary- Anne & Grandpa

Dearest Maisie,

Happy 16th birthday!

You must be so excited that you can now apply to take your road test!

Thinking of you today and always.

Love you

Mary- Anne

**

I haven't seen my grandma since my mom and I left Dallas. When I was last visited Dallas, she was still away on her senior tour.

Now as I return to Texas, she's back from her trip.

While we moved to Wake Forest, we cut ties with the entire Brooks Family.

We wanted to start fresh.

We wanted to forget.

After years of family separation, I was about to see Mary Anne again.

The only difference is now I know and am old enough to understand that for every birthday, she sent me a card, even knowing she wouldn't get a response back.

Mary-Anne Levesque-Brooks is my dad's mom.

Everyone calls her Mary- Anne because she was never fond of the name grandma.

Mary-Anne still lives in the home my dad grew up in. It was a run-down Victorian Home painted orange with a white picket fence surrounding the entire property. The paint was peeling and the vinyl shutters on each window are loop sided.

Mary-Anne, offered me a place to stay while I was in Texas. She offered me a place during my first visit and still extended an olive branch on my 2nd.

Family helps out family.

The couch would be my home.

My cousins Lou and Jerry would be staying at her home too even though I'm pretty sure that they live two houses down.