Chapter 23

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

"You can only be jealous of someone who has something you think you ought to have yourself." - Margaret Atwood

I don't know what to think about Violet's relationship with Levi.

I'd rather not have to think about it but I can't help but feel uncomfortable.

I can picture them stumbling into a bedroom, his arms wrapped around her's and she's giggling against his mouth. ---He could have been on her body and inside of her. I shook the thoughts from my mind; I didn't want to go there.

----I'm sure she's a nice girl, but boy did I want to rip her hair out.

I felt a little jealous that she was spending time with him for the past few months when I should have. My heart hurt thinking of the time I lost with him.

"You're back," Violet cocked an annoyed eyebrow. I just had walked into the main hallway to find her holding a brown bag. "Why?" she asked dryly. Her sarcasm was not covering up the annoyed look that I knew was festering underneath.

I was getting to her.

Good!

"Levi and I got things to do." I didn't want to give her specifics of why I was here, in case Levi sparred her from the details.

Her lips curled back. "I see."

"What's that?" I pointed to the brown bag in her hands. She probably has stolen property hidden in it.

I was starting to get curious as to what she does while not at the warehouse.

She's often gone for long periods of time.

Yes, I was that paranoid, ex-girlfriend.

I don't trust her.

He shouldn't either.

"A bottle of Vodka." Violet could afford buying a bottle of Vodka yet she can't afford to live somewhere else? ---That sounds fairly suspicious, right?

Leave already, woman!

Be gone!

I'll take over from here.

"Celebrating somethin'?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, actually we are." It's kind of Levi and I's anniversary."