Chapter 27

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

"They say the truth hurts. And these words hurt more than any I have ever written. But they are the truth---The cold, hard, undeniable truth. Not letting go doesn't keep his with you. It's still over. He's still gone. ...And nothing will ever change that." - Ranata Suzuki

He needs tramadol.

"He's in quite a bit of pain."

Shouldn't he be healed by now?

I wanted to confront him and demand to know what is going on.

I have been lied to for months. First, that he was dead. Second, now he might actually be dying?

Why is the world so cruel?!

I would have waited till 7am; he'd most likely be up by then, but I couldn't wait.

I had to know.

I needed to know if I would have to guard my heart.

I had Imogen drop me off at home. She waited for me to pull out the keys from my bag before driving off. As soon as I saw her turning at the stop sign out of the neighborhood, I slid my keys back into my bag, and jumped into the car.

I'm not a patient person.

I arrived outside the warehouse about 3:45am and broke into the warehouse, using my credit card. I pushed open the front door as quietly as I could, there was a slight creak.

I took a hesitant step into the hallway, the warehouse nearly pitch black inside.

I turned my phone flashlight on so I could see where I was going. If it wasn't for the flashlight, I knew I would have knocked over something.---I didn't want to wake up Violet. I didn't want her to know I was here.

I surveyed the area and tiptoed my way over to the winding staircase. The floor crackled under my feet. I made my way up to the level 4 landing.

Taking a deep breath, I kicked open the door leading into his space.

He bolted upright in his bed. "....Maisie?"

I flicked the light switch and pulled out the medicine container from my pocket. "You have some explaining to do," I said, tossing the container onto his mattress. "What the hell is this?" I called out, stepping up to his mattress.

Levi rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand then picked up the prescription bottle. "Oh."

"Yea, oh?" I snapped. "Are you dying, Levingston? Because if you are I'm not waiting around for it."