Chapter 33

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

"I love you."

The muscles in his shoulders visibly tensed.

I leaned away from his chest and titled my chin up to look at him. I blinked, tears welled in my eyes. "I didn't want another day to end and you still not know how I feel about you. So here it is," my breath caught in my throat. "I love you, Levi Knight and it would be fucken awesome if you could say again that you love me back."

"I knew that, already, Mais," he answers casually, "I knew you would tell me when you were ready." He smiled and rubbed small circles on the top of my hands, with the pad of his thumb.

Well this didn't turn out like I hoped it would. I expected some huge, romantic gesture and I got nothing.... Not even epic passionate sex.

"Okay...." I said feeling slightly annoyed. "---- I've been stressing about this moment all day Levingston, and I was hoping for a little more than 'I knew that already." Disappointment hung over me like a storm cloud. I pulled my hands back and turned around, crossing the living room and into the bedroom.

I roughly yanked off my shoes and tossed them aside on the floor. I flung myself onto the bed and buried my head into the pillow.

I expected more from him and it hurt.

----I admitted that I loved him, something that I never thought I'd ever do for anyone, and I got the response I did.

I'm humiliated!

"Maisie," Levi followed me into the bedroom shortly after. "Let me explain what I meant. Please."

I put both my hands on either side of the pillow and pushed myself up. I sat upright, with my legs to onside on the bed. "What?! " I screamed, feeling the tears well up in my eyes. "I....I thought," I started to fumble my words, "you loved me."

"I do."

"Then why wouldn't you say it back?" My voice comes out as a whisper. "I mean it Levingston and the best I got was I knew that already?"

"Maisie, it meant so much to me that you said I love you. But, baby, I already know how you feel about me."

"----Doesn't saying it out loud make it official or something?"

"If some people are unsure in their relationship then maybe they need to hear that, but Mais, I'm not insecure." He sits down on the bed, and reaches for my hand. He gives me a tug towards him and pulls me into his lap. He hooks his arms around my waist and says in a serious but sure tone, "I know what we have, Maisie Brooks. I know that you love me and you know that I probably love you more."