Insufferable

By the time I finally parked in front of the small loft I was renting it was around two in the morning. How did I get here without falling asleep at the wheel? Who knows. I stepped out of my rusty Chevy pickup, yawning shamelessly, and walked to my front door. I turned my head around, trying to figure out why the vacant house next door had the lights on. What the hell? I didn't see a moving truck when I left this afternoon, so who the hell was in there?

I decided to stop trying to play detective and ran inside the house, automatically latching the three locks on the door. I was ten shades of paranoid, and instantly realized it when I grabbed the bat I kept hidden in the kitchen and took it with me upstairs. They may get in, but they won't leave without a broken femur.

So I just locked myself in my room, and prayed to the angels that whoever was next door would leave soon.

~.~.~.~.~.~

My screams echoed down the hall. But I knew that wouldn't help. I knew there wasn't anybody at home. The weight of the body on me was crushing me, but I couldn't stop screaming, my throat burning.

Bang Bang Bang!

I jumped in bed, my hair flying, my heart about to come out crawling out my throat. I tried to calm my breathing, and stayed silent.

bang bang bang

Was that a knock or a fucking banging on my door?

In three seconds I was out of my bed in my grey pjs that consisted of a thin and short material for both the top and bottom parts. Great, my killer will get flashed before they bury my body. I grabbed the bat and tip toed down the road quietly. More banging.

Goddamn, were they going to give up anytime soon?

I came to the door, and to my grief, realized didn't even have a damn peephole.

"Fuck..." I whispered. Here comes nothing. I swung the door open, bat in hand, swinging.

"Hey! What the fuck!" I heard a masculine yell. I opened my eyes and found the guy from the bar standing in front of me. Only this time he was just wearing sweat pants. Very, very low hanging sweat pants that covered the bulge in there. Perfectly formed abs met my hungry eyes and I instantly wondered what would it be like to run my fingers on top of those. Just once.

"Are you done eye fucking me?" he asked. My eyes met his as I felt my face heat up.

"Why are you here?" I asked. He gave me a once over, his eyes just trailing every inch of skin exposed. So almost everything. But I refused to back down or cover. He was at my house after all.

"I just needed some sugar" he said as a matter of fact. DUDE....

"At nine in the morning on a goddamn Saturday?" I asked, clenching my hand around the bat. He narrowed his eyes

"Not my problem if you're a lazy ass that sleeps in" he said scoffing. I raised my eyebrows

"Excuse me?"

"Listen, woman, I just needed some sugar. But It's fine. You might poison it" he said, turning around and getting off my porch.

"You pound on my door at nine in the morning and get upset when I welcome you like this?" I asked incredulously. I scoffed.

"Never again!" he called as he walked away. Then realization hit me. He was walking to the house next door. Oh no...

Oh, hell to the no

"Hey wait!" I called, jumping off the porch and following him. He ignored me and walked to the house. What a frustrating human being!

"Did you just move in next door?" I asked trying to match his steps, and failing completely. He was way too tall, and I was way too short to catch up to him.