Hidden Citizens

-Unedited-

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO ATACHED IF YOU WANT THE BACKGROUND SOUND I USED TO WRITE THESE SCENES

Hunter POV

Pongo had been living in the office with me for the past three days. That's how long Skyler had been gone, and I was starting to lose it more as the days passed and nothing was found. Not a goddamn trace. My house was swimming with agents and officers, and I had barely gone there to grab some clothes and be back at the office as soon as possible.

Staring at Skyler file, I couldn't even read anymore. The words had started to blend in with one another, and the more I looked into it, the less I found. My patience was getting thinner and thinner, and I was restless. But the thought of Skyler being in harm's way pushed me to keep going. I had to find her. I couldn't give up, not now.

"Hey, we have a lead" Smith said from outside my office. The man seemed to have less patience than I did but I guess since he heard the news of Skyler being abducted he's been more passive with me.

I stood up from my chair quickly

"Where?" I asked, closing Skyler's folder slowly.

"They arrested someone in California, and theyre questioning him now. They're trying to find where Alden is hiding, but so far what he's said is that Alden Milller is here in Tennessee, and that he's not alone"

I scoffed

Useless.

"What did they have to negotiate to get that ridiculously useless information?" I grumbled and Smith grunted

"Sentence reduction" he said and I shook my head, and walked towards the white dry eraser board that contained a map and all kinds of calculations we had done in the past three days. There was a big circle around the area my house was in. Then we had done calculations bared on miles radius to see the passible places she could be at. We had swept through the areas but nothing.

"We're gonna find her" I murmured.

Then my phone started ringing

I looked down at the screen and it said unknown, and something clicked.

"Smith!" I called and started running to the computer room.

"What's going on?" he asked, rushing behind me.

"Connect this. That has to be them" I said quickly, messing with the cables and connecting the phone to a recording machine, and the USB cable to the computer. Two more agents walked in and instantly started typing away on the computer, bringing up the tracking program.

"Go ahead, answer it. We'll do our job" Smith murmured. I swallowed and click the accept button

"This is Dawson"

Silence

"Hunter?" I heard a small cracked voice, and if it wasn't for my ear stuck to the speaker I wouldn't have recognized it.

"Skyler? Oh Sky, baby, where are you? Are you hurt?" I asked one question after another, but soon I realized I could overwhelm her, so I took a deep breath and waited

"Hunter, please help me" she said in a whisper, and I knew she was crying. My heart was breaking into a million pieces by the seconds, and I had to calm myself down because I wanted to hurt whoever took her from me. I wanted to kill them for hurting her.

"We're coming to get you, baby, please just hold on a little longer" I said but Skyler grunted and I frowned, and looked at Smith. He motioned me to keep talking.