Protector

Please, if youre a ghost reader, dont be...at least vote/comment, as i can see the reads but id like to get feedback as well to know how yall liking it so far. Thank you <3

We froze for a mere second. Then Pongo started barking and growling, and Hunter reacted faster than I believed possible. He reached under the nightstand, and pulled a gun, making my eyes go wide as plates.

"Hunter!" I gasped and he instantly put a finger to his mouth, trying to silence me. His arm went around me quick, handgun in the other hand

"Stay here" he whispered and after dropping a kiss on my temple, he disappeared down the hallway, in position to shoot. My heart was racing beyond its capacity and I had to lean against the wall to concentrate on breathing. First the man in the forest, then box, now they were in Hunter's house.

I had to tell him.

They were trying to get to me, and they were going to hurt Hunter in the process.

"Skyler!" Hunter called, breaking my spell. I dashed from the room and found him next to the front door.

The living room window was broken, and there was a big rock on the floor, the size of a hand. Hunter quickly put his gun away behind his hip, and picked the rock up, inspecting it. I came closer to take a good look at the red paint on it.

X

I frowned.

"It's them" I murmured very low. Hunter looked at me with a curious expression. I swallowed and opened my mouth to talk

"Stay here" he said again and opened the front door, slamming it shut. I shut my eyes and put my hands on my knees. I couldn't breathe.

Why?!

This can't be happening

I heard Hunter's muffled voice coming from outside. Even though I knew he was yelling at whoever was on the other line, I couldn't even hear what he was saying. I got closer to the broken window slowly

"I fuckin' told you to do something about it! Is that so fuckin' hard?!" he trying to stay quiet but he was failing. He seemed to be listening to the other person

"I don't give two rats ass. You know what? Just put him on the phone. No, put him on the fuckin' phone" he growled. I frowned. Who the hell was he arguing with?

After a moment of silence, he sighed loudly

"Fine" he growled again and ended the call. I watched him shook his head and turn around to walk back into the house, so I ran away from the window and went to the kitchen.

When I heard the door close I had the broom and dust pan in hand.

"Everything okay?" I called, trying to keep my voice neutral. He took a minute to answer

"Yeah. I'm sorry, my...family can be very difficult sometimes" he murmured, scratching the back of his head slightly. I walked to the living room to start swiping the floor from glass when Hunter stopped me from walking past him with a hand to my stomach.

"Leave it" he said, passing a hand over his face, as if he was trying to wipe the tiredness off.

"Let me just clean it, its no trouble-" I got cut off by his arms going around me, and Hunter pulling me to him, making me drop the broom.

"Skyler, its fine" he said. I looked down and let him hug me, my arms going around him. I don't know why, but it seemed like he needed the hug more than I did, so I just squeezed him, and as small as I was compared to his body, my arms around him seemed to give him some kind of peacefulness.