Dmitry Nikolai

Please dont be a ghost reader, comment/vote. That said, enjoy !

As soon as we got in, legs feeling like Jell-O, we were welcomed by the slow music from the orchestra. Two glasses of champagne were pushed into our hands and Hunter eyed my hand, and I tilted my head, showing him I had no intention of drinking the alcoholic beverage. We walked around, saying hellos to strangers as if we've just recently reconnected.

"Good job, blend in, socialize" we heard Mathews speak into out hearing buds.

"Socialize with my ass" I murmured and Hunter choked on his champagne. But we did, we talked, socialized, and walked around as if we belonged here. Hunter had kept his hand flat on my lower back most of the night, I guess his reassurance that I was there and I wouldn't go anywhere.

"How are you holding up?" Hunter asked. I nodded one, smiling at a charismatic young girl that had met my eyes randomly

"I'm just the right amount of okay" I answered. We heard static coming from our hearing bud and Mathews spoke

"Nikolai just got here. Keep your eyes opened, this is about to start" he said and then the connection cut off quietly. I looked at Hunter and he gave me a reassuring smile. I swallowed the bile and I let Hunter walk me around. Then he cleared his throat.

"Nine o' Clock. Keep a steady expression" Hunter murmured in my ear, then twisted me around gently and then pulled my body against his in a dancing position and he started moving us around. I tried not to trip with my two left feet, but Hunter was good enough for the both of us. One hand laid on his shoulder and the other one wrapped in his warmed hand, he turned us and I instantly recognized Dmitry Nikolai.

He was a fairly young man for a Russian mob boss, maybe in his mid-thirties, shiny slick-back black hair, and he was wearing a very expensive, crisp-looking tux with a white bowtie. He had this way of walking, as if he owned the place, and a smug but serious expression that just about screamed at me to stay away. I swallowed.

He had two big burly men by his side, most likely his bodyguards.

How are we going to get through to Dmitry with those two in the way?

I watched them walk upstairs to the second floor and stand near the balcony, looking down. Many men went and introduced themselves to Dmitry, shaking hands and nodding politely.

"Bodyguards" I whispered

"What did you expect?" I heard Mathews speak into the hearing bud

"No helpful" Hunter murmured to Mathews.

"Can you stop being a dick about it?" I asked Mathews

"The problem is not Nikolai bringing bodyguards. The problem is the bodyguard not leaving Nikolai's side"

"You do know the definition of bodyguard, right?" Hunter spoke as low as possible.

"Would both of you stop bickering and listen? Just charm your way in, tell him you want to make a deal, I will send an agent in with a case of money you will offer Dmitry for fifteen kilograms of cocaine" Mathews

"That's thirty-three pounds of cocaine, Mathews" Hunter murmured as he swayed us around and my heart skipped a beat. Thirty three pounds of cocaine is nothing compared to the amount I had hidden.

"I'm glad you can do math" Mathews answered and I titled my head, trying to get rid of the kink I suddenly had in my neck

"You're sending in a case with more than half a million dollars in here, out in the open" I whispered.