Interruptions

Oh fuck

My mind was just running, my heart jumping, and my stomach twisting. It's not unusual, seeing guns in Tennessee that it, but I never thought I'd be this close to it. Hunter was barely mere feet away from me, and the gun could be turned at the last second, fatally shooting me. Nobody breathed, everybody seemed to freeze, and though I was one hundred percent sure half of the crowd was carrying guns, nobody wanted to risk calling attention and getting shot at while pulling their gun out.

"Put the gun down" Hunter growled. I clenched my fist, and outside of the aggressors' peripheric vision, I saw Bob move slowly to the kitchen hallway.

"Step away, mind your own fuckin' business, and then I will put my goddamn gun down" he said, waving that thing like it was a damn toy.

"Listen, if you turn around now, nobody will open their mouths. This would've never happen" I bravely opened my mouth, and I saw Hunter clench his jaw.

"Put the fucking gun down, man" Hunter called. This idiot!

The guy tilted the gun and narrowed his eyes at Hunter. He was going to get shot.

"Are you going keep it going, big boy?" the gun holder asked. I swallowed

"If you keep acting like a pussy, yes I fuckin' will" Hunter replied

"Hunter" I hissed at him. He wasn't making this any better!

"Come on Woody! Put the gun down" someone in the back yelled.

"Please" I added. The man, named Woody, tilted his gun and pointed at me

"Shut your fuckin' mouth" he said.

"You're done"

Then shit went down

After those words left Hunter's lips, he reached back to his hip and pulled a gun that I didn't realized had been hiding in there. He did it so fast, it was like a lightning, like he was used to doing this every day. Everybody dropped to their knees, including me, and when shots were fired I saw red and there was a scream.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Hunter flipping the man over, restraining him on the floor, and agilely kicked the gun away. I looked at the floor and there was blood everywhere. I tried to look at the source and realized Hunter had shot Woody on the thigh.

I looked at Hunter with wide eyes, making sure he wasn't shot, and when I was satisfied I deflated on the floor, feeling my body shake.

He almost got shot

I almost got shot

Five minutes later the sheriff showed up with back up. They marched in and dragged Woody out with Hunter's assistance. I couldn't move though.

People just emptied out of the bar like it caught on fire, and Bob and the rest of the staff were left behind to clean the mess. I hated cops, and these kinds of scenes and I just wanted to run out and lock myself in the house.

"You okay?"

I looked up and there stood Hunter, looking down at me. I couldn't move for the life of me, but I tried to push myself up to my feet, but something stung my hand, making me hiss.

I looked down and found pieces of glass stuck to my palm. Ugh, disgusting. And bloody.

"Sky, let's take you home" I looked up and Hunter put his hands around my waist, pulling me up gently. I looked down at myself and realized that in the moment of adrenaline, I had cuts all over my legs, and knees, I'm guessing when I dropped down when the shots were fired, and so much glass on the floor wasn't good news for anybody.