Hostage

-UNEDITED-

HUNTER POV

Three hours away from Skyler had been long enough. I spent my afternoon listening to Andrew Braxton talk to the team, while tapping my pen on the notepad and bouncing my leg, trying to release some of the stress.

They talked about Dmitry's group, and how people were starting to talk, naming people in the business, now that Dmitry had been taken out. Or at least that's part of what I did concentrate on. The rest I was just thinking of Skyler.

So when I pulled up in front of the house, I just about rushed to the door, ready to put my arms around her and bury my face on her neck.

Before I opened the door, Pongo came jumping from out of nowhere, licking my hands and burying his head on my side, wanting me to scratch him.

"Hey, buddy, what are you doing outside?" I asked Pongo, scratching him on the head.

"Did Sky leave you out again?" I murmured, with a small smile on my face. Sky tends to leave Pongo out when he starts jumping around on the couch and making a mess. Pongo just looked at me, and started barking. I frowned.

He never barks at me.

When I tried to open the door and walk in, he pushed right through, and past me, racing into the kitchen.

I was not ready for what I found.

Tuning Pongo out, my eyes wandered around, taking in the mess. The glass under my shoe crunched loudly. All I could see was shattered glass on the floor, the red vase from the dining room was also shattered, books and magazines scattered everywhere. It looked like a tornado has passed.
I tried to swallow the increasing panic that was starting to take over me.

"Sky?" I called, my eyes looking around for her. When there was no response, I instantly pulled my gun out, ready to pull the trigger at any sudden movements. I rounded up to the corner, pointing down to the hallway, and moved slowly and towards our room. My eyes met red spots on the floor.

Blood.

"Skyler" I called again in a more desperate tone. I checked the room and she was nowhere to be found, then I popped inside the soon-to-be nursery, and realized papers were scattered everywhere, boxes thrown around.

There had been a struggle inside this room.
After inspecting the whole house I came to the realization Skyler was gone.

I rushed towards the kitchen, taking in the mess once again, inspecting every single detail. Then my eyes caught a single paper laid on top of the counter. Sitting there perfectly, it stood out from the glass and paper mess all over the place, as if it was screaming for me to grab it.

And I did.

After reading the note, I took my phone out and dialed quickly, my heart thumping out of control.

"Braxton" I heard.

"I need your help. And I need a team"

~.~.~.~

SKYLER POV

My eyes opened, and pain hit me instantly. I groaned, trying to twist out of the position I had been dropped on. I had cold concrete against my cheek and the only thing I could see was four dirty and empty walls, and a single wooden door across the room.

I tried to push myself up but soon realized I had my hands tied up with something scratchy and thin. A shoelace?

Using my legs, I pushed myself up, straining the rest of my body with the effort, then I leaned back against the wall.