Control

I woke up with a jump. Like I literally jumped and my eyes popped open, and a beeping sound reached my ears. I immediately knew I was in a hospital by the chemically smell and the ugly dotted robe I had on. I frowned and looked to my left, just to find Hunter slumped on the chair, fast asleep.

That couldn't be comfortable and by the angle his neck was in I knew he was going to have one hell of a kink.

I looked around and saw I had an IV attached to my arm and I winced just thinking they'll have to pull it later on

"You're awake" I heard Hunter's groggy voice and I turned my head. He was smiling a bit, his hair a tad bit disarranged but so what. He still looked god-like.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked softly. He stood up from the chair and came to the bed.

"Well you had a very nasty sprain, almost broke your damn ankle. And you were bleeding" he said. I frowned.

"Bleeding?" I asked. I don't remember seeing blood. Hunter pointed at my head and I reached to touch, just to find a bandage on my forehead.

"You cracked your skull from what they told me. Nothing too major, no surgery. But you do have a couple of stitches" he said and I swallowed, my face completely falling. He smiled

"Don't worry, the scar won't kill your pretty face" he murmured, crossing his ankles in an attempt to distract himself. I tried to swallow my smile, but failed completely.

"Can I go now?" I asked. I really wanted to leave, I hated hospitals. I've spent enough time in them since last year, so all I wanted to do was get the heck out.

"I'll go get the doctor and see if they can release you" he said before disappearing. When he opened the door, I saw at the far distance two men dressed in black suit. I frowned. That's weird.

Five minutes later the doctor came in, and after checking my stitches and vitals, he gave me the okay to get released. It took a full hour to leave, between the nurse coming to get me unhooked from the IV, and the discharge papers being filled out, and by the time we walked out of the hospital, or more like rolled out (as Hunter was decided to put my ass on a wheel chair), I was already starving and in a grumpy ass mood.

"Can you just take me home please? I have a pounding headache" I grumbled. Hunter looked at me quick before setting his eyes back on the road.

"I don't have your keys, Skyler" he replied.

"And whose fault is that" I responded. He didn't reply. Good choice, boy. I rolled my eyes and the mere action blinded me with pain.

"I'll stop by Bob's to get your phone and keys" he said. I tried to keep my sarcasm off my tongue

"Don't you have like a job or something?" I asked venomously.

"Don't worry about that now" he grumbled back. Guess I was starting to annoy him too. Oh well.

Twenty minutes later we were parking at Bob's and Hunter ran in quick to grab my purse, with keys and phone. Once that was deposited in my hands I opened my side of the door and hopped out.

"What the hell are you doing, Sky?" Hunter called from the driver's side. I looked at him.

"I'm driving my car back, what do you think I'm doing?" I said scoffing. Hunter pinched the bridge of his nose, looking like he was losing his patience.

"Get your goddamn ass back in the truck before I get out of here and do it myself" he said, his bright green eyes on me. I didn't break eye contact. You think I'm going to back down, don't you?