The Deal

Don't be a ghost reader, Comment and Vote Please. Thank you <3

Hunter POV

"What the fuck was that?" I growled into the mic.

"We can't jeopardize the mission. You keep your position, Dawson" Mathews answered me and I almost pulled my gun out. Then I realized I wasn't carrying one. For fuck's sake.

I was not allowed to bring a gun in to lower the chances of getting discovered if Dmitry's men decided to check me. Big, big fucking mistake.

She was in there, all alone. The woman carrying my child could have a gun pointed at her head and I was standing out here like a fucking pussy. Goddamn the day I accepted this job

"Do you have full sound and her camera is turned on?" I asked quietly into the mic.

"She's being watched" was the only thing Mathews said.

I groaned and tried to keep it together. For Skyler, and for my baby.

Skyler POV

The second that door closed, I felt like I had walked inside the lion's den. The body guard that had the case of money walked to the desk and deposited the silver box, instantly returning to his post at the door. I tried to act as normal as possible by walking around, eyes wandering and chin up, as if I could judge the studio we were in.

Dmitry came around the desk and started pouring an ember drink in a glass, and I swallowed slightly. He then walked around and handed me the drink.

"Oh no thank you" I said dismissing the glass in his hand with a small smile. Dmitry didn't move, glass in hand. I swallowed.

I realized he wasn't going to take a no for an answer.

So I took the glass in my hand, and under his scrutinizing eye, took a sip from yellow liquid, the content instantly burning my throat as it made its way down to my stomach. I swallowed the lump the best I could, instantly feeling fearful for my baby.

"Good, good" he said, a small smile on his lips. I gave him what it felt like a pained smile, and set my eyes on his.

"Tell me, Alexandria right ?" Dmitry asked and I nodded slightly

"How does a beauty like you gets involved in a dirty business like this?" he asked in a murmur. My eyes didn't betray me and I raised my chin.

"Same way as everybody else. For money" I said and I wasn't lying. That was the reason I had originally gotten involved with drug dealing. Money, and love. Jesse said he loved me, and wanted the best for us. It took me long, but I had realized what love really meant, and Jesse beating me up was not it.

"Easy there" I heard Mathews say in my ear and I stopped myself from rolling my eyes. I squared my shoulders and kept my eyes on Dmitry.

Don't show fear, Skyler.

"Interesting. Would you also kill for money?" he asked and I frowned. What a simple yet disturbing question. I didn't back down.

"This business is bloody and dirty. People do what they can to survive. I wouldn't kill for money, but I would for those I care about" I said and I resisted the urge to put my hand to my stomach. Dmitry nodded once and took a sip from his glass. He seemed to be studying me, the same way a lion studied its prey.

"It is indeed a dirty and bloody business. In fact, a couple of my men were recently slaughtered by a gang that isn't very recognized, yet they had the guts to play dirty games with my men" Dmitry said, his eyes on the carpet and my stomach dropped.