Favors

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER MUST READ!!

-Unedited-

I had been dragged out of the room like I was nothing, then deposited inside my previous room and locked in there like I was a mental patient. When I tried to get out I realized I had an agent stationed outside of my room and I had been blocked from leaving.

"What in the world is happening here!" I groaned out loud. I had to do something. I had to get him out. He could not arrest Hunter when he had been trying to protect me from the mess Mathews had created.

I walked to the window and looked around, the craziest ideas popping in my head. But I couldn't jump from the fifth floor, specially not pregnant.

What the fuck is wrong with you, Skyler...

I turned around and sat down, trying to think of my options. I was in New York city and I had nobody that could come and help me.

The realization of how lonely I was hit me like a truck. I tried to swallow the lump as I refused to cry just because I had it difficult. Tears would not fix the issue and they certainly made me look ugly as hell.

So I went to the bathroom, splashed water on my face and looked at myself in the mirror. In the past month, too many things had happened, but I knew I could take it. I had gone through worse before, and no idiotic corrupt cop was going to stop me.

I looked around and my eyes zeroed on the window next to the door the agent was keeping watch at. The window was conveniently hidden behind a column, and that put the agent to its left. My brain started racing, multiple ideas coming up, one crazier than the other one.

I needed to get to Hunter, but I needed backup.

I looked towards the bed and pressed the button to call the nurse. Three minutes later she showed up, giving me a smile.

"Everything okay?" she asked and I gave her a pained smile.

"Yeah kinda, I'm just having a lot of pain on my lower back and I wanted to know if I could take a walk around?" I asked, planting a fake smile on my face. She nodded slowly

"Yes, but I have to go with you" she said, checking the machine that had my IV drip.

"That's perfectly fine, I just wanted to stretch my legs for a bit, it might be good for the baby" I murmured. Yeah right, my baby was the size of a peanut...

"Certainly! Lets go" she said and I followed her, my heart jumping around. Once we got to the door the agent stopped us.

Here goes nothing

"She has to stay there" he murmured, his towering figure looking down at us. You prick...

"She just wants to walk around. I'll be with her" the nurse, that now I knew was named Jackie, frowned at the agent. He shook his head

"She's pregnant. And I'm part of her medical team, you can come with us, but you have to let her out the room" Jackie said and I looked down, and I pressed my palm against my now hard little stomach. The agent looked down at me with a raised eyebrow.

"One funny move and you're back to the room" he grumbled. Well someone didn't like his job...

"Pinky promise" I said overly excited. That was fine with me, I wasn't going to pull any funny business. For now, at least. So off we went, walking around the same floor slowly. I kept looking around slightly, careful not to call any attention, my eyes taking in every room, every hallway, and every possible hiding place. I spoke to Jackie, asking her about other patients, and about her job, my eyes flashing to the nurses station in the middle of the floor. I was trying to buy more time, trying to find other rooms that were empty. Soon enough we were going around the whole floor, and I realized the hospital was shaped in an oval. We walked straight the whole way but then I was back at my room. That only meant we walked in a circle. Which meant that I could have another way of escaping without having to go past the guard.