News

Don't kill me with this chapter

-Unedited-

When I woke up, I was alone.

God, Hunter, do you have a thing for leaving women alone after sex?

I looked to my right and saw a clock. It read 10 Am. I rubbed my eyes while walking to the bathroom, hoping I was indeed fully alone so I could take a shower in peace. The whole thought was bringing a wave of nausea. Thoughts kept hitting me, and I started panicking all over again. The gang, the FBI, the mission, Hunter, me...

How did life get so fucked up? None of this would've happened if I had stayed in California. My family would've been able to protect me, even if it meant hiring bodyguards. But anything better than this. I was at the hands of the FBI, and Hunter. I don't know what scared me the most.

After taking a quick, uninterrupted shower, I dressed quickly with the clothes I was given in a bag yesterday. I just pulled the simple blue t shirt with the white capris and flip flops. After putting my hair up in a messy bun, I just about skipped down the stairs and found Hunter, and about seven other agents scattered around the living room. Well shit

"Good morning, Skyler. Don't mind them, they're setting up the systems to be ready for the gala" Hunter said as he walked towards me, holding a mug. I really needed some coffee but I needed to leave. I'll get coffee on the way. I nodded and gave him a tight smile. He didn't touch me, nor kissed me, and I was glad for a slight moment. I knew he couldn't attract attention specially in front of the other agents.

"So, listen. If I'm going to stay here for a couple of days, I would like to go to the store and buy a couple of things. Nothing extreme, just some toiletries, maybe some other shoes aside from flip flops" I said, looking down at my feet. Hunter thought about it for a moment

"Skyler, that's dangerous, I can't just let you-"

"Please, Hunter. I'm trying to collaborate, but I won't if you guys keep me huddled up in this hotel for God knows how long" I murmured. Hunter wiped the sleep off his face, sighing slightly.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt. But take an agent with you" he said dismissingly.

"Hunter, that's not really-"

"Take the agent, or you're not going anywhere, Skyler" he said, his eyes meeting mine. I clamped my mouth and sighed

"Fine, whatever you say, Agent Dawson" I said formally and Hunter narrowed his eyes at me.

"Very well, Miss Blake" he replied just as formally, and walked away from me. Dick head.

"Peter, go with Skyler wherever she needs to go. Just...shadow her, don't get in her way" Hunter said to a tall, built agent dressed in a suit.

What the hell was up with these men and suits, goddamn...

"Lead the way miss" the man, Peter, said.

"Oh, wait" I heard Hunter say, and he walked towards me, opening his wallet and I frowned. He handed me a black credit card

"What-"

"You don't have any money on you" he reminded me and I about smacked myself. Nice one there Skyler. I took the card and stuffed it in my pocket, murmuring my thanks and hopping in the elevator

~.~.~

I walked down the streets of New York, completely distracted and I allowed myself to forget I was being shadowed by an FBI agent. The busy streets were packed with men and women of all ages and all social status. From what I could see, I was in some side of Manhattan and I instantly thought of the Tv Show Gossip girl.