❥Chapter 5

Emily's Pov

Emily's Pov

"Baby, the more you fidget, the longer it takes. So don't okay?" Mrs. Grimes said. She had been trying to give Carl a hair cut for the past fifteen minutes. I just watched in amusement. Carl would sent me the look that said 'I'm going to kill you, if you make anymore comments' I couldn't help it, sarcasm basically runs through my veins.

"I'm trying." he grumbled back, as she continued to trim at his brown hair.

"Well, try harder." she replied. Dad finally took his attention away from cleaning his gun to make a remark.

"If you think this is bad, wait till you start shaving. That stings. That day comes, you'll be wishing for one of your mama's haircuts." Dad said, smiling from the chair that he had been slouching in.

"I'll tell you what. You just get through this with some manly dignity, and tomorrow I'll teach you something special. I will teach you to catch frogs." he said, catching frogs was like a pastime for daddy. We were always catching frogs at night.

"I've caught a frog before." Carl said. I shook my head before standing up. I asked over to dad and leaned on his shoulder, putting one hand on my hip.

"He said frogs plural, Carl. And it it is an art, my friend. It is not to be taken lightly." I said, causing Carl to focus on me. I smirked at him when Dad continued my statement.

"There are ways and means. Few people know about it." he stopped, winking up at me, "I'm willing to share my secrets." Carl looked up at his mother.

"Oh, I'm a girl. You talk to him." she said. I placed a hand over my heart and acted offended.

"Uh, Mrs. Grimes, I'm a girl, and I know all the secrets of how to catch frogs. Daddy taught the first week I moved in." I said, taking a seat in dad's lap, looking up at her. She rolled her brown eyes, smiling.

"Now, Emily Grace Walsh, how many times do I have to tell you that you can call Lori?" she said, staring down at me. My cheeks flushed red.

"I'm sorry. Momma always told me to respect my elders by saying yes ma'am, no ma'am, etcetera." I said, shyly.

"It's okay. Just from now on my name is Lori." she said, continuing Carl's hair.

"It's a one time offer, bud, not to be repeated." dad said, going back to the main conversation.

"Why do we need frogs, plural?" Carl asked. I knew the answer. One of dad's favorite foods.

"You ever had frog legs?" he asked, with a big grin. Carl twisted his face in a disgusted manner.

"Ew!" he muttered. I laughed while dad disagreed with my best friend.

"No, yum!" he exclaimed.

"No, he's right. Ew." Lori said, glancing up. I looked up at daddy and he smirked at me, thinking the same thing I was.

"She says that now daddy, but when we get down to that last can of beans. You're gonna be loving those frog legs!" I exclaimed, bringing my hand to my face to contain the giggles.

"I can see it now. 'Um, Shane, do you think I could have a second helping, please? Please, just one?'" he said, imitating a female's voice. I fell to the ground laughing. Lori just rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I doubt that." she said. Carl had a huge smile on his face. Dad went on about how him and Carl would save the camp by feeding folks Cajun style Kermit legs.

"I would rather eat Miss Piggy. Yes that came out wrong." Lori said, causing me and dad to smile.

"Heroes, son, spoken in song and legend. You and me, Shane and Carl." dad exclaimed.

Our moment of laughter was over ahem we heard car sirens echoing through the mountain area. Dad shot up from his seat and I stood up from the ground. Dusting myself off, I quickly followed him to the RV, where Dale was looking to see where the sound was coming from.

"Hey, Dale, can you see what it is? Talk to me, Dale!" dad shouted up at the old man. Everyone was crowded around wanting to know what was going on.

"Let him get a good look at it." someone said. Amy was frantic at the edge of the RV.

"Is it them? Are they back?" she asked, not allowing anyone time to answer her. Dale took the binoculars away from his eyes.

"I'll be damned." Dale muttered, as the car approached the edge of camp.

"What is it?" I shouted up to him. He looked down at me.

"Stolen car is my guess.", he climbed down when the car pulled into camp. Glenn stepped out of the red sports car with a huge smile on his face. "Holy crap. Turn that damn thing off!" Dale shouted over the sirens for Glenn to hear him. 'Walkers are attracted to noise. We all knew that. So why did Glenn drive this wailing thing into camp?!' I thought.

"I don't know how!" he shrugged, still smiling. He was obviously happy he got to have a little fun. 'But where are the others?' I thought, again.

Dad calmly walked over and said, "Pop the hood, please. Pop the damn hood, please." He would have stayed calm, if hadn't of been for Amy shouting at Glenn about Andrea. Glenn couldn't concentrate with three different people shouting at him.

"My sister, Andrea." Amy insisted. Glenn put his hands up in surrender.

"Pop the damn hood!" dad shouted.

"What? Okay, okay. Yeah, yeah, yeah." he repeated, over and over. Dad finally cut the wailing siren off.

"Is she okay? Is she alright? Is she coming back? Why isn't she with you?" Amy continued.

Glenn finally answered, "Yes! Yeah, fine. Everyone is. Well, Merle not so much." he said. I was so confused. Everyone, but Merle was okay? Dad got in Glenn's face.

"Are you crazy driving this wailing bastard up here? Are you trying to draw every walker for miles?" he asked, rhetorically.

"I think we're okay." Dale said, looking around. Dad looked at him like he was crazy.

"You call being stupid okay?" he asked.

"Well, the alarm was echoing all over these hills. Hard to pinpoint the source. I'm not arguing. I'm just saying. It wouldn't hurt you to think things through a little more carefully next time, would it?" Dale said, the last part towards Glenn.

"Sorry. I got a cool car." Glenn said, his bright smile turning into a small one. Just then a cube van pulled up. Andrea was the first to jump out. Amy ran to her and the sisters shared a tearful hug. Morales popped out next, causing his kids and wife to run to him. Jacqui and T-Dog came next.

I smiled at the reunions, but when I turned behind me my smile faded. Lori pulled Carl back and was trying to calm his tears. Seeing the group members reunite with their loved ones was hard for Carl because they get to see each other at least one more time.

"You're a welcome sight. I thought we had lost you folks for for sure." Dale said, causing me to turn my attention to the group.

"How'd y'all get out of there anyway?" dad asked.

"New guy. He got us out." Glenn said, a smile returning.

"New guy?" dad questioned. Morales was the one to answer.

"Yeah, crazy vato just got into town. Hey, helicopter boy! Come say hello!" Morales called out. He turned to Dad, "The guy's a cop like you."

The man got out of the truck with his head hanging low, his sheriff hat covering his face. When he looked up, I couldn't believe who I saw. 'This can't be happening! He's dead, Emily! He's not real!' my head shouted, but I didn't care.

"Officer Grimes!" I shouted, running to him with Carl by my side. We both hugged him, crying into his shoulders. He fell to his knees with us, then stood up walking with us in his arms to Lori.

"Oh my god." he cried, as we all hugged. It was the happiest I'd been in a while.

'Officer Grimes is alive. And no one is taking him from us again. I'll make sure of that.'

Hello, my people. Another day, another chapter. It is currently 10:25 pm here. And I'm exhausted. I'll busy tomorrow and I pray that I'll get another chapter up until then...

Deuces!! ~Britt❤❤