❥Chapter 10

Emily's Pov

Emily's Pov

"Pass the fish, please." Sophia said.

It was night and everyone was gathered around the fire enjoying the fish that Andrea and Amy had caught. Carl and I sat side by side while Sophia sat next to her mother, who sat beside Lori.

It was peaceful, and that was hard to come by these days. Even though it was physically peaceful, mentally I was fighting with myself. One part of me said this was wrong, and that something was going to happen. Then the other part of me said everything was fine and I was overreacting with worry. Carl noticed the inner emotions I held.

He nudged my leg, "You okay? You seem tense." he whispered. The group had gotten into a conversation about Dale winding his watch at the same time everyday, and wasn't paying attention to us.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just worried about your dad. I feel like something's wrong. They should be back by now." I said, looking at the fire. He looked at the fire as well, then nudged my arm.

"Think of it this way, out of all the things that's happened to him, nothing's killed him. He's fine." he said, catching my eye. I smiled and looked down, then back at him.

"I think that may be the smartest thing you've ever said." I snickered. He shoved me lightly, trying to hide his smile.

"Shut up." he muttered, returning to his food. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"You love me, even with sarcastic comments. You can't deny it." I said, pouring the last of my food on his plate. "I'm not hungry. You can eat it." I said, looking at him. He shook his head, looking down at the food.

"Nah, you are hungry. It's just you don't like fish." he said, eating a piece. I laughed and laid my head back on his shoulder.

"Yeah, whatever." I said. As I finished my sentence, Amy stood up. Andrea being the protective big sister she is, asked her where she was going.

"I have to pee. Geez, you try to be discreet around here." Amy said, walking away to the RV. Everyone laughed at what she had said. I looked up to Sophia, who had a carefree smile on her face. Little did I know, that that would be ruined in a matter of seconds. Amy came back of the RV.

"We're out of toilet paper?" she called to the group. Her question was followed by an agonizing scream. Everyone turned to see a walker biting into Amy's neck.

Walkers came out of nowhere and everyone started screaming and running. Dad quickly stood up, grabbing his gun, and pulled Lori, Carl, and I behind him. He shot a few down while trying to get us to safety by the RV. Sophia and Carol were falling behind.

"Sophia, Carol, stay close! Come on!" I shouted through the screams of the group. Carl had a hold of my wrist and wouldn't allow me to run towards them.

"Get to the RV! Stay behind me! Stay behind me!" dad shouted commands, killing walkers left and right. Out of nowhere, more gunshots go off and Officer Grimes and the others ran into camp.

After all the walkers were killed, Carl let go of my wrist and ran to his father. I quickly ran to Daryl and hugged him. If they hadn't have gotten back in time, we'd all be dead.

"It's okay, Squirt. You're alright now. I'm back. You're safe now." he said, trying to calm my tears. But Andrea desperate shouts for Amy to wake up made my breathing unstable. The last thing I heard before darkness overtook me was Jim say that he remembered his dream now, why he dug the holes.

꧁꧂

The next day the adults made us kids stay in the RV while they cleared out the bodies of our fallen members and the walkers. The wasn't much for us to do in here. Sophia and the Morales kids played go fish while Carl and I sat in the back in silence. He was reading a comic book and I was pretending to be asleep on his shoulder, again. He knew I wasn't asleep, but he didn't mind. It was basically our thing.

"What do you think they're going to do?" he asked, suddenly. I looked up at him, to see his crystal blue eyes already looking at me.

"I don't know. The quarry isn't safe anymore, so we'll more than likely move. Dad was thinking about Fort Benning, but your dad wants to hit up the CDC. So I don't know, but whatever happens I have to listen to my dad." I said. Carl seemed to get angered by my last statement. He pulled away and sat up.

"And what if he does decide to go to Fort Benning? What if my dad decides on the CDC? We're just going to be separated? You're my best friend. We're not allowed to separated. You're not leaving my side. After last night, no, no way. We stick together!" he exclaimed, angrily. He was so mad, that tears glistened in his eyes.

"We're not gonna be separated, Carl. They wouldn't do that. You don't have to worry about that because I would die before that happened." I stated, hugging him. "You're always going to be my best friend and partner in crime, nothing's going to change that ever. Not even an apocalypse." I said, laying my head back on his shoulder. He didn't get to respond because there was shouting outside that caused me to jump up and run to the door.

"A walker got him. A walker bit Jim." Jacqui shouted, stepping away from the man. Everyone became alert and Carl pulled me back into the RV.

"My dad and Shane will handle it. Don't worry." he said. I sighed and sat beside Sophia, who was getting her butt kicked by a nine year old in go fish. Carl walked back into the back to finish reading his comic.

"He's right, you know? Your dad and Rick will handle it. After all, look at last night. We're still here because of them." Sophia said, not taking her hazel eyes off the cards in her small hand.

"I know.", I sighed, "I guess worrying is just my specialty." She laughed, the continued her game.

Sophia and Carl are right. They'll handle it, but I feel like we're just stuck in this RV for no reason. We need to be out there. We need to know what's going on. How are we supposed to know how to handle this world if they won't let us see it?

I got up and walked back to where Carl was. I laid down beside him and put my head his shoulder. He started mindlessly playing with my hair, which was probably greasy and dirty, but he didn't seem to care.

"You're right." I mumbled. I could the vibrations of his laughter.

"Aren't I always?" he joked. I looked up at him.

"Two-thirds." I stated. Then laid my head back down, closing my eyes.

"That's not fair." he scoffed. I didn't mean to, but I ended up falling asleep on his shoulder. Guess that's what he gets for being right.

Hello, people of the world! Two parts today to make up for the days I missed. I'm truly sorry for that. I was exhausted and ended up falling asleep as soon as I got home from school. And then the next day, I got food poisoning. Yeah, so that's how my weekend went. Yay for Brittany! Note the sarcasm. Figured you could see a little more Carl and Emily, but also more Sophia and Emily. I honestly love their friendships. Any way, goodnight my lovely people, and until next time....

Deuces! ~Britt😘