Chapter 14

The songs for this chapter are Trapdoor by Twenty One Pilots, ABC by the Jackson 5 and Another Brick In The Wall, Pt 2 by Pink Floyd.

Okay, I feel really bad because I told you and told myself that I was going to update every Sunday...and it didn't happen. I've been a little swamped with work recently so I've struggled to find time to update. I'll work on the story whenever I can because I feel guilty when I miss my deadlines!

We reached 450 reads! That's incredible! Thank you all so much for reading and please remember to vote and comment <3

*

Mistletoe. My blood went cold. I knew exactly what everyone would be thinking. Sasha's mouth quirked into a grin and Aleeza bit her lip. The plant was growing between Oliver and me.

"Well, you might as well do it now," Louise remarked, leaning forward.

I turned sideways to face Oliver, whose cheeks were tinted pink. "Okay then," I whispered.

His eyes shut as he leaned in and pressed his lips on mine. We pulled apart after a second, met with my friends squealing in excitement.

"Are you married yet?" Sasha asked.

Oliver shrugged. "Maybe later."

I did my best to change the subject and succeeded, thankfully. The kiss had only cemented my growing suspicion that I had a crush on Oliver. So the fact that he still had his arm behind me did nothing except make me extremely nervous.

After another hour or so, Oliver had to leave. He left a strange absence next to me.

"You kissed again!" Aleeza giggled the second Oliver had gone. "And he was blushing a lot. I think he likes you."

I brushed off her speculation. "Of course not. The first time was a dare and this time was an unfortunate coincidence."

"I wouldn't say unfortunate," Louise said, "because it's the start of something new."

"Something amazing," added Sasha. She moved to where Oliver had sat and threw her arm around my shoulders. "Before the year ends, you two will be a couple. I promise you."

"I don't even fancy him," I pointed out, swallowing hard.

"Well, that's absolute rubbish," Sasha countered. I knew she could always see right through me. "I see the way you look at him. And I see the way he looks at you."

"And how, may I ask, does he look at me?"

"As if he can't believe someone so wonderful exists."

Her words sent a fiery warmth through me but I tried to ignore it.

"Really?"

She rubbed my back. "He really does." Slowly, she leant in and rest her head on my shoulder. "Y/N, I know for a fact you like him," Sasha whispered against my ear. "And I'm almost certain he likes you back. So for God's sake, do something about it."

Aleeza and Louise were deep into their own conversation, so I felt safe to reply.

"You know I'm too scared to make the first move with this type of thing," I reminded her.

"You can't rely on the guy to do everything all the time."

"I know, I know. It's difficult, though."

"Here's an idea: I can talk to Oliver for you. One on one. Or you can let things play out, happen naturally."

I bit my lip. "Thanks for the suggestion, Sasha. You're great at giving advice, but I think I'll just let things happen. I don't want to pressure him into anything."

Sasha squeezed me into a hug. "Anytime. I'm always around to talk."

"I love you," I said.

"Love you too. If you're comfortable telling me you love me, it's only a matter of time before you tell Oliver."

"I don't love him!" I protested.

"Not yet," Sasha replied quickly, "but he's a great guy and you obviously think he's cute. You'll realise you love him eventually."

I chuckled. "We'll see."

"We will see, because it's going to happen," she continued. Sasha really can be relentless when it comes to persuading people. "As long as I'm maid of honour at your wedding."

"You're planning our wedding?" I said. To be fair, it wouldn't surprise me if she actually was.

"Simply imagining what it would be like. He'd be in a kilt and you'd have a bouquet with lovely thistles."

"This again?" Groaning, I rubbed my forehead. "What happened to letting things go naturally?"

"It doesn't hurt to dream," Sasha insisted. She prodded my chest. "I'm going to get dressed then we can head to Hogsmeade. Perhaps I could buy your wedding present."

"You're impossible," I laughed. "Now go get changed - I'm hungry."

"Extra courses at the wedding dinner, then."

"Go!"