Chapter 47

I listened to Passionfruit by Drake, No Good by Kaleo and I Walk The Line by Johnny Cash.

Please vote and comment <3

*

The time had come and gone. OWLs.

The buildup of homework preceding the exams was the professors' not-so-discreet way of saying that the OWLs would be difficult. But now, they were done. Granted, the exams were difficult and I did have to think hard about the questions. But they were done.

Thank Merlin.

The second the last exam finished, all of the fifth year students ran back to their common rooms. Gryffindor had decided to host the equivalent of a Muggle prom for everyone. Even Percy Weasley was on board as he too felt that everybody deserved a break, albeit it being in his common room. He'd been in charge of keeping the younger students in their dorms while the fifth years blasted music downstairs.

So naturally, my group of friends decided that we all needed to look our best. Normally I wasn't that fussed about dressing up and looking perfect all the time. But this was a very, very special occasion - for which I was actually bothered to dress up.

As per usual, Aleeza and Louise took care of everyone's clothes and makeup for them. I quite enjoyed being pampered, and judging by the bubbly expressions on the others' faces, they loved it too.

We were a little more pressed for time than usual. Yet the four of us emerged from our dormitory looking, without being boastful, absolutely stunning. The dress code had been house colours, so we were all in blue dresses, with occasional hints of bronze in our jewellery.

Aleeza was wearing a two-piece satin dress in cobalt blue. The colour was a few shades lighter than her girlfriend's dress, which was a deep navy boatneck dress, adorned with gold embroidery. Sasha, on the other hand, was a lot more daring. Her dress had spaghetti straps and a teasingly long slit for her right leg. I smirked as I pictured Felix's reaction.

Without being egotistical, my dress was my favourite.

It was lacy, in a gorgeous dark blue. There was no back and the neckline was deep, hinting at what lay beneath without being too revealing. My shoes were lovely gold ankle-strap heels that supported my foot enough to not leave me terrified about breaking my ankle. I only wore one piece of jewellery: the necklace Oliver had given me for Christmas.

All in all, the four of us looked fabulous. To be fair, so did everyone. The first thing I saw when we stepped into the Gryffindor common room was a glittering sea of red, blue, green and yellow dresses, with the boys in sharp tuxedos. The next thing I saw was Oliver, weaving his way through the crowd.

Sasha gripped my upper arm. "He looks fantastic," she whispered. I could hear the smile in her voice. But damn, she was right.

I couldn't tear my eyes off him as he made his way towards us. It made me immensely happy to see he was wearing a kilt, complete with the Bonnie Prince Charlie outfit. I laughed when I noticed he even had the sgian-dubh tucked into his sock. He noticed my staring and smirked proudly.

"You're looking awfully Scottish there," I remarked, dusting off his shoulders.

"I thought I'd made our country proud." He paused. His eyes raked up and down my figure and I tried not to blush. Swallowing, he made eye contact again. "You look stunning. Absolutely gorgeous."

"Thank you," I said, embarrassed at the way my voice had suddenly become croaky. "Should we dance?"

"I think we should," Oliver agreed, taking my hand and dragging me into the heart of the party.

As I went, I took a quick glance back to see Felix approaching a now-alone Sasha (Aleeza and Louise had presumably taken off to do some dancing of their own). I grinned. The night was looking good.

Oliver and I happily danced away, mingling with our mutual friends and introducing each other to new ones. It wasn't until roughly three-quarters of the way through the night that we managed to steal an intimate moment. A fittingly slow song had started playing, prompting all of the couples to immediately mash together.

I linked my arms around my boyfriend's neck and he placed his comforting hands on my hips.

"Did I tell you how unbelievably beautiful you are?" Oliver said, pressing his forehead to mine. "Seriously."

I chuckled, glad I'd worn an excessive amount of makeup that would hide my pink cheeks. "You may have mentioned it once or twice."

"Not just tonight," he protested. "All the time. Whenever I look at you, the first thing that strikes me is how pretty you are. Then I realise just how damn lucky I am to have you as my girlfriend, Y/N. So, so lucky."

I didn't bother letting him continue. I silenced him with a long, meaningful kiss that made the whole night perfect.