Chapter 49

I listened to Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy, Chinatown by Liam Gallagher and From Here On Out by The Killers.

I saw Liam Gallagher and The Killers in concert yesterday and wow I have never been so happy. Also Hamilton won which is always very good.

Please vote and comment <3

*

I felt as if somebody was drilling directly into the centre of my brain. I had never been more thankful for the weekend as I groaned, managing to roll off of Oliver onto the floor. Briefly confused, I blinked as I took in my surroundings. The red carpet let me know where I was.

"Dammit," I muttered, massaging my forehead with my fingers. I really should've followed Sasha's lead. It's all fun and games until the hangover kicks in.

Evidently, I'd made a lot of noise while falling off the sofa, as I heard Oliver start to yawn, before immediately repeating the word 'ow'.

"Morning," I said.

"Not so loud," he protested, waving his hand.

I hadn't been talking much louder than a whisper. That made me realise just how much we'd had to drink last night. I groaned again while lying down on my back. I'd have to see if Sasha could muster up something to combat the hangover without attracting the attention of any professors. Although, I strongly suspected that the professors knew what went on last night and let it happen anyway.

"My eyes," Oliver droned. I propped myself up on my forearms to see him lying with his arm draped dramatically over his eyes. "My head. My throat."

"I know," I seconded. "Somehow we have to get to the Ravenclaw common room. We both need Sasha's help right now."

"I don't want to move off the sofa, let alone to another common room."

"I bet I can convince her and Felix to bring us endless cups of water," I said.

That perked him up a little. Leaning quite heavily on each other, we meandered through the castle, trying desperately not to collapse or look too hungover to any younger students who walked past. We stumbled through the hallways until we finally reached the Ravenclaw common room. I braced myself for the riddle.

"What moves without legs and cries without eyes?"

"I don't bloody know!" Oliver exclaimed, collapsing against the wall.

"A cloud," I answered. Somehow, I remembered being asked this before and the memory swam through my headache.

It was correct and we basically fell into the common room. I noticed straight away that Felix, Sasha, Aleeza and Louise were sat together in front of the fireplace. Aleeza and Louise looked on the brink of death. The latter was even wearing sunglasses, which made me feel a little less awful. At least I didn't drink as much as Louise did.

"Y/N! Oliver!" Felix said, a bit too loudly for my ears at the moment. When he picked up on me wincing, he lowered his voice. "Glad you managed to make it."

"I wanted to pass out at least three times on the way over," Oliver said. He rubbed his forehead for emphasis as we joined the others.

There was a space next to Aleeza on the sofa so I took it, immediately grateful that I could bury my face in the armrest. I had to fight the very strong temptation to shut my eyes and fall asleep. As if by magic, and I strongly suspected it was magic, a glass of water was placed in my hand. I unpeeled my face from the armrest and downed the glass in three big sips. It filled up to the brim when I finished. I smirked before drinking all the water once again. The glass didn't refill this time. Disappointed, I put the empty glass on the coffee table.

"Thank you, hangover gods," I said, clasping my hands together and looking upwards.

"You're welcome," Sasha replied. She winked and I blew her a kiss.

All six of us sat in silence for a while, except for the odd groan here and there. Until a sharp, Scottish voice cut the quiet in half.

"Wood!"

He grunted and stretched, turning to see where the voice was coming from. His face was twisted into a frown and I sensed he was going to shout at whoever tried to talk to him. I glanced over too. But I would never, ever shout at her.

"Professor McGonagall?" Oliver exclaimed.

"How observant of you," she remarked, looking down at him over her glasses. "I'm surprised you still remember who I am after last night."

Every one of us suddenly went bright red. It was obvious that the professors knew what happened last night, but we had hoped that they didn't know the true extent of the celebration. Evidently, we were very wrong.

"I'm sorry, Professor," Oliver said. I sensed word vomit. "I promise you it won't happen again."

The professor raised her hand and he stopped talking immediately. "Nonsense, Wood. We all know there's no point in making false promises." His cheeks flushed darker. "Anyway, the only reason I'm here is to remind you about our upcoming match with Slytherin. We won't win with a hungover captain, as I'm sure you're aware."

"Of course," Oliver replied. He tried to add some life into his expression so he wouldn't seem so terribly exhausted. It wasn't working very well. "It's an important game, Professor."

Professor McGonagall sharply turned to face me, and I too tried to look more awake. "Take care of him, Y/L/N. Take care of him."

With that, she spun on her heels and strode out of the common room.