Chapter 25

The songs for this chapter are Backseat Serenade by All Time Low, Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day and Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie.

This is the outfit Y/N wears in this chapter.

Please vote and comment <3

*

As per usual, I had my trio buzzing around me before my date with Oliver. Aleeza put it very aptly: "If you're going to tell him you think you love him, you better look damn good doing it."

I knew she was right and I didn't want to protest, enjoying the fuss my friends were making over me. And for once, Gillian joined in. She added an honest opinion every now and then. And none of them were rude.

The girls, including Gillian, flanked me as I walked down to the gate. Filch was waiting, some tatted forms gripped in his hand. He snatched mine the second I held it out.

"Move along, then," he snapped as I waited for the others. Slightly intimidated, I backed away. Filch took the girls' slips and they joined me.

Oliver was lingering near the gate, talking to someone I recognised from Herbology. I looked at him. I waited for him to notice my presence. When he did, his face lit up. It made me blush and caused my friends to squeal. Someone, presumably Sasha, shoved me forward. Oliver smirked as I made my way over to him. He said a quick goodbye to the boy he was talking to.

"You look great," he said. I noticed his eyes moving up and down my figure.

"You do too." I wasn't lying - as always, he looked really good. Even better today, with his dark jeans and black and white plaid shirt.

"Shall we?" Oliver suggested. He offered his arm and I gladly looped mine through it. I was growing to be more comfortable with Oliver, which was really good. Being stuck feeling awkward around someone you're dating would be hell.

Oliver leads me into the Three Broomsticks and towards a small booth on the far side of the pub. We slide onto the leather seats. A few booths behind Oliver, Gillian is sitting with a friend. It irritates me that she'll be this close during my date, but I brush the thought off considering how sincere her compliments were this morning.

I clasped my hands and rest them on the table. Oliver put his on mine.

"I need to run to the bathroom but I'll be right back," he said, standing up. "I'll order you some butterbeer on the way."

I nodded. "Sure. Thanks so much."

I watched as he approached the bar. He turned to point to our table. He stayed as he waited for his butterbeer. Gillian was there too, presumably ordering something for herself. A glass of butterbeer was placed on the counter. Gillian leaned towards him. I looked away - I didn't want to see her anywhere near him.

A large glass of butterbeer was placed in front me after a minute or so, and I accepted it graciously. Both Oliver and Gillian had disappeared by then. I took a sip. Delighted, I discovered Oliver must've asked for a shot of caramel - the way I liked it.

By the time I had finished almost half of my drink, I started to grow suspicious. Oliver had been gone for an abnormally long time. But it was obvious he wasn't doing anything bad, so I went back to my drink. Even so, my fingers trembled slightly as I lifted the glass to my lips.

*

Every drop of my butterbeer was gone. And still no Oliver. I made my mind up that I would go check on him. I brought my empty glass to the counter along with some money before marching towards the bathroom.

"Oliver?" I called. "Are you okay?"

There was no reply. I followed the wooden corridor when I saw two figures together. My heart dropped.

"Oliver?" I said weakly. It was pointless. It was obviously him, with his brown hair, dark jeans and plaid shirt. The only question remaining was the name of the girl he was currently kissing. I said his name again, anger bubbling in my voice.

He pulled away from the girl. I saw her face as she smirked. Immediately, my throat tightened.

"Fine," I stated. My nails were digging into my palm so hard I knew it would leave a mark. "Choose her. I hope you're both happy. Just know that this, you and I, is never happening again."

Oliver shrugged. His arms were still wrapped around her and she pulled him close as I turned to leave. My face burned.

I stormed out of the Three Broomsticks, pulling my jacket tighter around my torso. The tears that were growing in my eyes made it hard to see but I blinked them back, determined to stay strong. But the second Sasha saw my face after I found her walking alone back to Hogwarts, she knew something was wrong. She wrapped me in a tight hug and the tears began to flow.

"Hey," she said softly, "let's get back. We can sit in front of the fire and you can tell me what's wrong, okay?"

Too choked up to speak coherently, I nodded my reply. She kept a firm arm around my shoulders and we made our way to the common room. The occasional curious glance was thrown our way, although Sasha dared them to talk to us with a single glare.

When we reached the common room, I collapsed onto the sofa and curled into a ball, my arms locked around my legs. Sasha sat opposite me.

"Can you tell me what happened? If someone hurt you I swear they won't last another five minutes alive."

I managed a small smile at that before I started to tell Sasha what had happened.

"He was so nice," I whimpered. "He even asked for a shot of caramel in my butterbeer before going to the bathroom. And then..." I choked as a sob threatened to escape. "And I finished my drink but he still wasn't back so I went to check on him and...and he was kissing another girl."

Sasha gasped. "He did not. He did not! I'm going to slaughter them!" she cried. "Who was it?"

"That's the worst part," I said. My voice was barely audible at this point. "It was Gillian."