Chapter 41

I listened to Chinatown by Liam Gallagher, We're So Starving by Panic! at the Disco and All My Own Stunts by the Arctic Monkeys.

Well don't I have a lot to apologise for! I know already posted this on my profile, but I thought I should write it here as well. I've missed three of my scheduled updates because of a MUN conference, and then a WSC competition for which the trip lasted a week. I feel so guilty and I promise I will do my best to update on time from now on, or notify you guys in advance if I can't.

Thank you all for reading! I really can't express how grateful I am xx

I've decided that I'm going to write two more (this one and another one) fluffy, filler chapters at most before I move the plot along.

Please vote and comment <3

*

"Sasha?" I asked, poking her in the shoulder.

We were sitting in the Great Hall along with about a dozen other students trying to desperately study everything in before our OWLs which were in less than two months. I, on the other hand, had spread out my work. Somehow, I'd defeated my persistent procrastination and actually managed to thin out my revision enough so I didn't feel as stressed as I would normally be.

"Yeah?" she replied, looking up from her flashcards.

"Were you and Felix planning to use the quidditch pitch today?"

Her cheeks suddenly turned pink. "No," Sasha said immediately. "Why?"

"Well we have our game against Hufflepuff soon, and I want to get some practice in," I explained as I collected my things. "I was planning to ask Oliver to help me because I know you want to revise."

Smiling, she wiggled her eyebrows. "Well, he's just at the end of the Gryffindor table if you want to ask him."

"Thanks," I said while standing up.

I spotted Oliver sitting where Sasha said he was, scribbling something furiously onto some parchment. I was surprised that his quill hadn't completely ripped the parchment in half. He put his quill down when he clocked me coming towards him.

"Y/N," he said. "I thought you were studying."

"I'd much rather spend some time with you," I replied. "Would you mind?"

Oliver looked down at his work, paused for a moment, then looked at me again. "You know what? My work can wait."

I smiled automatically. "Wonderful," I said, "because I was planning to practice some quidditch with you."

His entire face lit up. It seemed any sentence containing the word quidditch would immediately grab his attention. "You wouldn't have had to bother asking me if you'd mentioned quidditch straight away."

"I guess I wanted to make sure our entire relationship doesn't revolve around quidditch," I retorted. When his cheeks turned red, I added, "And I sure hope it doesn't or I'm gonna have a nice long chat with you."

Oliver stood up and kissed my forehead. "I promise it revolves around us."

"That's g-"

"It just so happens that quidditch is an integral part of me, and therefore our relationship revolves around quidditch."

I swatted his arm.