Chapter 7

"What's your favorite color?" Zyta asked Sandor as the walked along the beach in Kings Landing. Zyta convinced her mother to allow her and her siblings to walk along the beach, as long as they had guards. While Tommen and Myrcella walked up ahead with the other guards, Zyta walked in the back of the group with Sandor. Joffery refused to come along, saying walking around the beach is childish. 

"Black." His answer was short and sharp. He looked down at Zyta's young face and found a look of disappointment. He thought that the look didn't fit her face to well, so he decided to lie a little. "I like green too. The green you find in the woods, not that silk shit that your mother makes you wear." 

"I like red. It looks the best on me I think. Although blue looks nice also. But yellow, yellow is my favorite. I used to wish that I had yellow hair like my siblings but I feel in love with my black hair." Zyta replied. Her hands were swaying lazily at her sides and sometimes her left hand would brush against his right hand. 

"Red looks better on you." The Hound stated. When ever Zyta wore red it was even harder for him to keep his eyes off her. 

Zyta felt her checks heat up from the statement and she quickly looked forward. She made a mental note to wear red at least once a week, just for Sandor, the thought made her checks heat up even more than the already were. Sandor allowed his eyes to shift onto the young woman next to him. He saw that she was blushing and a sense of pride zoomed through his chest. 

"What house sigil do you like better?" The Hound asked her. He wanted to talk to her, find out more about her. Of course he knew the basic stuff about the girl, he's been working for the family for years now. But he wanted to learn about her personally. Wanted to learn about her corks and he wanted her to know about his. 

"I feel like I'm a perfect mix of Lannister and Baratheon, but I like the stag design better. Lion's are mean and fierce, while stags are gentle and kind. Those traits run through me. Sometimes I act like my mother and my father hates it. Other times I act like my father and my mother hates it." 

"So what one do you like better?" 

"Neither. I want an animal that's both fierce and mean. And I want an animal that can be gentle and kind." 

Sandor thought for a moment. He thought about his own house sigil and how it was a hound. A hound can be fierce and mean, but the people it's loyal to, the animal is gentle and kind. "Like a hound." 

"What?" Zyta asked a little confused. 

"A hound is both fierce and mean. But it can be gentle and kind to the one it loves. It can be loving to the person that shows it how to love back." Sandor hoped that she wouldn't notice that he was talking about himself, but she looked up smiling ear to ear with a slight blush on her face, he knew. He knew that she knew. 

"Yes, a hound, the perfect animal for me." Zyta reached out and grabbed his hand, her small dainty fingers interlocking with his big meaty ones. He made no move to stop this action, instead he welcomed it. "And the perfect man, too."