Chapter 8

Cersei watched as The Hound and her first born practiced fighting. She was standing off to the side of the gardens, where no one could see her, but she could see everyone perfectly.

Cersei watched as Zyta fell on her knees, The Hound rushed over, dropping his sword to help her up. She watched as her daughter blushed when their hands meant. When The Hound pulled her up he held her hand for to long, both letting go after a minute.

Cersei could see that there was love there, love that she wished she had. That love that is brand new, a love that the people expressing it, don't know of. Cersei longed for that type of love, of course she found love with her brother but it wasn't the same feeling.

"Not above you to be spying on your own daughter." Tyrion Lannister said to his sister walking up to her. He could see through the bushes too, and noticed who Zyta is with. "I see, new love. How nice."

"You've noticed too." Cersei stated. Tyrion wasn't used to his sister treating him so nicely and decided to play along, maybe even have a descent converstation with her.

"The Hound is a very loyal man, he'll treat her well." Tyrion said.

"He's mean and rude. Zyta deserves a castle to rule, a kingdom where people call her queen." Cersei looked down at her little brother. A glass of wine was missing from his hand and he looked painfully sober.

"We both know that Zyta wasn't meant to rule. She's to..." Tyrion was at a loss of words for once in his life, "she's just to Zyta." But Tyrion didn't believe the words he said.

"Look at him with her, it doesn't make sense. He's rude and cruel. He's a dog." Cersei stated, looking through the bush. She noticed her daughter laughing at something that Sandor said and Sandor smiley proudly at her.

"Most love doesn't make sense. He cares for her and she cares for him. We should let her figure it out." Tyrion stated.

"What do you mean by we? She is not your daughter." Cersei began to walk away, Tyrion glances one last time at the pair and then followed his older sister.

"I know shes not my daughter, but if she was, I would let her decide for herself. Sandor is a good man. Mean, cruel, and ugly looking, but non the less a good man."

"Zyta would make a perfect queen. He's a kings guard, he can't even get married." Cersei exclaimed walking dramatically into the castle. Tyrion speed walking to keep up with her.

"Sandor can marry. He's not a knight. He's the crown's Sell Sword in other words." Tyrion stated.

"Robert allowing her to marry who she pleases..." Cersei didn't go on with the statement and continue walking into the castle, leaving her younger brother.

"If only daddy would of let her choose her husband, oh how the Lannister's would be different." Tyrion said aloud to himself.

Tyrion knew he's niece. He knew that she was the rightful heir to the crown and he knew that she would be a perfect queen. But he also knew that she didn't want it. Zyta wanted to be a mother, wanted to be a wife to a man that would kill, die, and live for her. Tyrion knew that Sandor Clegane would do it. It was just a matter of moving the relationship forward.

Sandor was a straight forward man, but Tyrion soon realized when it came to Zyta Baratheon that he wasn't. Zyta wasn't straight forward about many things, she knew when to say something and when to keep her mouth shut, but she seemed to show her feelings towards him very clearly.

"So why aren't they together?" Tyrion asked himself walking up to his chambers. He passed his brother, giving a slight nod to him. He thought about the question and couldn't think of an answer.

While walking up to his room, Tyrion walked past a window and looked out. He saw Sandor carrying Zyta on his back, her legs wrapped around is waist. As he watched them, he saw them laugh and he saw Zyta kiss Sandor's burns on the side of his head. A smile formed on his lips. He heard footsteps coming up to him, he's sister looked out of the window and saw what he saw.

"We should just let them work it out." Cersei said to her little brother. Her fingers gripped the edge of the window, her knuckles turning white.

"Yes we should." Tyrion answered. "Yes we should."