Chapter 29

PART THREE OF THREE 

Zyta walked into the castle grounds, she remembered Kings Landing being colorful and warm. But now it was black and cold. She was stopped by guards every corner she turned. A couple followed her but stopped at the next guard check point. Each time she was stopped they asked her where she was going, some being polite and others being rude and harsh. She remembered only a few, the ones she remembered where the harshest towards her. 

"I need to talk to my mother Ser." Zyta said the the last guard. It was the Mountain and a regular guard. Zyta noticed the Mountains skin was all grey and his eyes were completely red. She felt scared to even talk to him, but she needed to see her mother. 

Without speaking any words the one regular Lannister guard went to the office where Cersei was. The Mountain continued to stare down at Zyta. 

"Me and your brother are married now. You missed the wedding, my deepest apologies." Zyta said to him. All the Mountain do was grunt. "I see you are still the same." 

Zyta felt relief when she saw her Uncle Jaime come into view with the other guard. Jaime gave her a tight forced smile. "Hello niece." 

"Hello Uncle." 

"Your mother said that you can speak with her and for me to leave. So I will be on my way." Before Jaime could leave, Zyta grabbed his arm and pulled him into a hug. It surprised him but he hugged back. 

"It was nice seeing you uncle. I hope to see you again. And maybe if you have time you can go speak with Uncle Tyrion. I'm sure you two have a lot to say each other." Zyta said when she pulled away. 

"I'll see what I can do." With that Jaime left them, taking the speaking guard with him. Leaving Zyta in the company of the almost dead Mountain. Zyta gulped as the Mountain lead the way into the room where her mother is. 

Zyta walked in and saw her mother sitting at her desk. When Zyta was far enough in the room, Mountain closed the door and stood at the back of the room. Zyta walked up and took a seat right across from her mother. 

She didn't know where to start. There was so much to be said. "Thank you for seeing me." Zyta final said. 

"Save your thanks." Cersei replied. "I saw you found your dog again. You two seemed to be cozy." Cersei sat back in her chair and folded her hands in her lap. 

"We're married. Uncle Tyrion walked me down the aisle." 

Cersei scuffed and sat forward, sizing up her daughter. "You changed sides on your family and never came back. Joffery's dead and now Myrcella and Tommen too. My father is dead because of your Uncle! Everyone is dead." Cersei's voice rose causing Zyta to flint a little. But Zyta wasn't going to back down. 'No, not today' she thought. 

Zyta signed, she wasn't going to raise her voice. She was going to be a proper lady, just like her mother taught her. "My father is dead because of you. Joffery is dead because of the Tyrells. Myrcella is dead because of the Dornish Sand Snakes. And Tommen killed himself." Zyta took a breath and continued, "your father is dead because Tyrion was falsely charged with a murder that he didn't commit. I changed sides because your father forced me to go see Stannis, you all were hoping that Stannis was going to kill me but he didn't. Do you know what all these have in common?" 

Cersei didn't know where Zyta was getting at. But she decided to play her daughters game. "What?"

"You. Your actions are the things that got your children killed. Do you think if I came back to Kings Landing that I would be alive today?" Zyta asked. Cersei was quiet, telling Zyta that her answer was no. "Everyday I thought that Stannis was going to kill me. Everyday I thought I was going to wake up in a dungeon chained like a dog. But I never once wished to be back here with you. Stannis was cold, harsh and dangerous. But he saw something in me that no one else did. Potential. He taught me how to run Dragonstone, taught me how to rule smart and proper. But he is now dead and I am the last Baratheon." 

Cersei sat there, she listened to what was said. "I should of killed you when I had a chance. You are a disgrace to this family. Coming into my Kingdom and bringing people that can ruin the Lannister name." 

"I am not a Lannister, and I will never be a Lannister." 

Cersei sat back and refolded her hands. "No, you are not fully a Lannister. You are a Baratheon with a Lannister face and attitude. You are right, when my father sent you to Dragonstone he hoped that Stannis was going to kill you. But then we soon found out that is wasn't going to happen. Stannis made you stronger. And made us weaker. I should of never sent you off." 

Zyta looked down at the floor and then back up to Cersei who was starring deeply at Zyta. "I would be queen if you never sent me off." 

Cersei signed and got up, she went over to the wine and poured two glasses. She handed one to Zyta and kept the other for herself. Cersei took a sip and sat down, "you would be doing a better job than I. If you were queen what would you do?" 

Zyta thought about this a lot. She thought what it might of been like if she was queen, if her mother would allow her to rule the way she wanted and not the way her mother wanted. "I would of meant with Daenerys and Jon Snow. I would of ordered Euron Greyjoy to be killed and have Yara Greyjoy the protector of the Iron Islands. In turn I would get their ships, if they rebelled I would kill them all and take their ships for myself. I would send half of my troops to the North. And when Daenerys is in the North, take back all the lands I lost. Then build up my army and replace the missing soldiers with commoners and when the North needs more people send the Green boys." 

"I can see you thought about this." 

"I have, and I have thought about what comes after. If the Night King wins and kills all of the people in the North he then comes here. He will win and there will be nothing left. No kingdoms to rule, no family, no houses, no gold. There will be nothing." 

"When the walker came at me, I didn't think about the world, I didn't think about you or Jaime or Tyrion, I thought about life." Cersei's hand went to her stomach and rested it on top. 

Zyta looked at her stomach and then at her mother, "That makes two of us." 

BACK AT THE DRAGON PIT 

Zyta didn't know how she did it, but she got her mother to agree to some terms. Zyta doubted that her mother will do anything, but that just makes Daenerys claim the the throne better. If Cersei doesn't send troops when she said she would, and if the Night King is defeated, Daenerys has a strong reason to take the throne and kill Cersei. 

Zyta turned into the Dragon Pit, all heads turned to her. The heels of her boots was the only sound that could be heard. She claimed the five stairs and stood at the top of them. Cersei rounded the corner. 

"You did it." Daenerys said coming up besides her. 

"Yes I did." Zyta listened and stayed quiet while her mother spoke. When everything was done the lot of them walked back to the ships. Bronn and Podrick came to walk with them. 

"Are you coming to the North with us?" Tyrion asked the two. 

"Where ever you want us to go m'Lord." Podrick answered. 

Zyta smiled. The more people to fight in the North the better. Her and Sandor boarded the ship and went to their cabin. 

A strange feeling in Zytas stomach took over her whole body, her mind trying to tell her something. 'This is not going to end well for both sides'.