Chapter 18

Zyta didn't like how she felt in Winterfell. She didn't like how everywhere she turned there was a crying handmaiden because their favorite little Stark isn't waking up. She didn't like how her family is stuck in the North because of Bran falling. 

Of course she didn't blame the child, it was a accident and her father was only staying so Ned Stark can get Winterfell back running. But today was the King's last day at Winterfell, and she felt bitter sweet. 

She wanted to get home and plan her wedding. She wanted to get back into her own bed and be able to wear her pretty silk dresses again. But she liked the history of the North. She liked spending time with Jon Snow and riding in the Gods Woods with him. 

When Jon first brought her to the Gods Woods she was scared. Of course she learned about the old gods from the Maester Pycelle and her books that littered her room in the Red Keep. But the Heart Tree was even more fascinating than what she had imagined. When she touched it, a spark lit inside her, something changed and she didn't know what changed for a while. 

Zyta was lost in thought as she walked down the castle hallways for the last time. She tried to take in the tapestry and the paintings, but she couldn't. She thought about the Targaryen's and what had happened to them. The Starks and how they were one of the first men. How her father took the throne. How her uncle killed the old king. 

"Are you alright, Princess Zyta?" One of the King's Guards asked. She was to lost in thought to give him a full response but just nodded her head, saying a quick thank you for his concern. As she walked she say common folk, handmaidens, and everyone that worked for either the Starks or the King, getting stuff packed for the journey home. 

As she walked forward she saw Sandor getting her horse, Starlight, ready for her. Stranger, his horse, was already to go, waiting for his owner to ride him. As she walked up Stranger gave a grunt, almost like alerting Sandor of her presence. 

Sandor gave a grunt and looked at her, "hello, Little Flower." She smiled and walked up to Stranger, reaching her hand up to pet his large head. "Careful, the cunt bite me today when I feed him a apple." 

Stranger nozzled his head into her hand, giving a neigh. "I think I'm fine." 

"Are you ready to leave this place yet?" Sandor asked. 

"Yes, are you?" 

"It's peaceful here, and not hot."

"So you're not ready to leave?"

"Yes the fuck I am, I hate these Northern men. To cocky and prideful, had to fight about half of Starks men." 

"You never mentioned that you fought with Lord Starks men." 

"Well after I caught the fuckers staring at you, I fixed the problem. There was no need for you to know." 

Zyta chuckled and stared off into the people running around. She thought about what it would be like if she was born a common person. She thought about her future, wondering if she was making the wrong choice. 

How would she know that she was going to make the right choice? 

She wished she could look into the future, but as she spotted her brother Joffery yelling at common people she already knew what was going to happen. She knew that she had to win the Game Of Thrones, beating her brother, mother, and everyone in between. 

Until she meet Daenerys Targaryen. 

XXX 

So, instead of writing the whole first seasons of Game Of Thrones, I'm skipping forward a little. I felt like writing the first episode and building the relationships between characters was super important before I moved forward with this fic. I know it might not make sense now, but the next couple of chapters its all going to fit. I really love the way that this story is going to go and I hope that this twist of not writing the first two seasons when everyone is in Kings Landing won't bite me in the ass. I hope you love this chapter and the ones that follow!