Chapter 22

Zyta sat in the sand of Dragonstone. Drawing pictures in the ground with a piece of drift wood. She was wearing a simple black tunic and beige trousers. Her leather black boots, worn and dirty from use.

She wrote her dads name first. Remembering the way that they used to laugh with each other. Remembering the times both Robert and her would ran around the Red Keep, her mothers disapproval clear. Zyta remembered his smell, a mix of summer wine and sweat. His smile played in her mind.

She wrote her siblings names next. Tommens name first, then Myrcella's, finally Joffery's. Zyta felt disgusted with herself for housing the killers of her siblings. She felt like she wasn't giving them justice for their deaths. If they can see my now, she thought.

Finally she wrote Sandor's name. She missed him terrible. Memories of their last moments together flooded her mind.

FLASHBACK

Zyta was in her room, pacing back and forth. She couldn't see what was happening at the shores of King's Landing but she can hear it. She heard the screams of the people. The running of feet past her door.

She turned and looked at the door when she heard the door trying to open, "it's me Little Flower." She opened when she heard his voice.

"You can't be seen coming to me Sandor, you know what mother and Joff would do to you." Zyta put on a brave face, somehow though she knew that Sandor can see through it.

"Fuck them. Come with me. I'm leaving this hell, I'm going to get the Stark girl after you collect your things." Sandor grabbed the wine that was sitting on the table by the window and drank it all in one gulp. Hopeful that his soul mate would agree.

Zyta thought about what he was saying, she really did. She thought about how their life would be on the run from her mother and her brother. She thought about what was best for Sandor and his future. She thought about Cersei and what she would do when she realized that Zyta wasn't in Kings Landing. "I can't go with you. You will have a better chance without me to survive. You need to go now, try to get Sansa to go with you. She needs to be back in Winterfell with her real family."

Sandor looked at her for a long moment. He knew what she was saying was right. They would get captured right away if Zyta was with him. He knew that he only had little time left. "Marry a rich Lord, have his babes, forget me." With that he left.

Zyta remembered crying for hours. She remembered her mother coming to her room with Tommen in hand, telling her they had lost the battle. But Zyta didn't care anymore, she didn't have any love left for her mother. Not after what she did to her and Sandors relationship.

But they hadn't lost, they had won thanks to her grandfather. Her mother and everyone else was joyous, while Zyta just wanted to crawl in her bed and cry. Sansa was still here and told her the conversation her and Sandor had in secret. The two months that followed the attack, her and Sansa became like sisters, so close that sometimes they shared the same bed because they liked the warmth and comfort another body brought them. Sansa imagined her mother, Zyta her lover.

But one day her grandfather had sent for her to come forth, the king's counsel had something to tell her. "You sent for me." Zyta said dully to the King's counsel, the reason she was down there unknown to her.

"Your uncle Stannis is an open rebellion against the crown. We are sending you over to make peace." Tywin Lannister said from the head of the table.

Zyta looked at him with hatred. She knew this was a death mission. They are only sending her because they know she can claim the throne and get it. "Alright, when do I leave?"

The next day, she was shipped off in a small boat with only a handful of people. She didn't mind, the less the merrier. When she got to to Dragonstone, Stannis was already waiting for her.

"Niece. How was your journey?" He asked coldly. Zyta noticed the women next to him, her bright red hair flowing in the wind.

"Fine, thank you for asking," she looked at him confused,"how did you know I was coming?"

"The Lord of Light sees all child. He promised a young maiden to help our cause, and he has brought one." The lady grabbed her hand and kissed it. "Welcome to Dragonstone, Little Flower."

END OF FLASHBACK

Zyta was so lost in her own head she hadn't noticed Daenerys sitting down beside her until she touched her arm.

"You seem lost in thought." Dany stated.

"You are going to ruin your gown."

"I can get another one made."

They sat in comfortable silence. Zyta continued to write in the sand. Daenerys staring out into the water.

"Jon Snow should be here soon. Any day now." Dany said.

"That's fantastic."

Daenerys smirked at her answer and started to laugh. Zyta looked at her and started to laugh too. Both of them laughed for what seemed like ages.

"What was it like growing up in King's Landing?" Daenerys asked when both of them stopped laughing.

"The castle is breath taking. I always thought that one day my children would grow up there, running around the endless halls and stairs. Going to the water and swim." Zyta stopped talking and looked at her fathers name in the sand, a sad smile grew on her face as she remembered all the good times she had in King's Landing.

Daenerys could tell she didn't want to talk about her life in King's Landing, so she took it upon herself to speak. "I never wanted to be Queen. I always thought my brother would try all his life to become King but never really become it. I was just apart of his little game. Not anymore, never again."

Zyta went into her pants pocket and pulled out the letter that her mother sent her. She gave it to Daenerys to read.

"Lovely mother." She said after reading the letter. She handed it back to Zyta, which in turn put it back in her pocket.

"She was always like this. Took a while to figure it out."

"What are you going to send back?" Daenerys questioned.

"I have a couple ideas."

LATER IN THE AFTERNOON

Zyta sat at her desk in her work chamber. She welcomed the cool breeze from the ocean surrounding the island.

Dear Mother,
I, Zyta Baratheon, First of Her Name, Ruler of Dragonstone, stands by Queen Daenerys Targaryen, the rightful Queen of the seven kingdoms. I will not bend the knee to you, you cunt of a woman.
Much Love, Zyta Baratheon

She rolled the piece of parchment up and sealed it with the new Baratheon seal. She called for Emmett .

"Yes my lady?"

"Have this sent to Cersei. I want it there by morning."

"Yes, my Lady." Emmett walked out of the working chamber and closed the door behind him.

Zyta walked over to the candles the burned in the corner of the room. She held her mothers letter to the flame. She watched it go up in flames. She walked away from the candle and put the letter into the fireplace. She watched as it burned, the only object in the fireplace burning.

She finally looked away when she heard horns playing.

"JON SNOW IS HERE!" Someone yelled from outside.

Zyta smirked, about time Snow, she thought.