Chapter 34

Thousands of body's surrounded the walls of Winterfell. Dothraki, Unsullied, Northern men, dead and ready to be burned.

Zyta stood up front, along side the two Stark women holding her torch. All though her men from Dragonstone came, supplied dragonglass and food, they also fought. Zyta thanked the gods that many didn't die. But the ones that did, Zyta had to burn.

Zyta watched as her friend cried for Theon Grayjoy. How her queen cried for her closet fallen advisor. Death surrounded her, but all she felt was pure joy.

Sandor was alive and healthy. Her babe too. Zyta was going to go home to Dragonstone and be left alone. She was going to rule the island and it's small lords and ladies along side her husband, that already said he wants no part in the ruling, but is rather forced to now.

Zyta walked up to the bodies that were from Dragonstone, some not her people but the ones that were, were on top of the stack. "Thank you." She whispered quietly and put the torch in middle of the stack. She walked back to Sandor with her head held up high. When she finally reached him, he grabbed her hand, silently comforting her.

HOURS LATER

The hours passed and the victory feast was well on its way. Sansa insisted that Zyta sat at the high table with everyone else but Sandor didn't want too.

"Go. Enjoy yourself little flower. I'll be getting drunk over there." Sandor gave her a quick sloppy kiss on the lips and went to a table.

Zyta gave a chuckle and sat down next to Sansa. They smiled at each other and made small talk. Queen Daenaerys cleared her throat and stood up. "Gendry, your sister sits up here today. Head of House Baratheon. She rules over Dragonstone and the people that reside there. But, you are also a Baratheon. I name you Lord Gendry Baratheon, first of his name, Lord of Storms End."

Zyta looked at her brother and smiled. She didn't see why Dany made him a Lord but she understood the importance politically. Zyta was happy for him none the less and stood up, "To Lord Baratheon, my brother!" Everyone cheered. Zyta sat back down and took a sip of wine.

"Why would she do that? There is already a Baratheon." Sansa said looking at her with ice in her eyes.

"I'm not a Baratheon anymore. I'm a Clegane." Zyta said smiling. Her hand went to her stomach and held  it there. "When Joff said that I could no longer take Sandor as my husband, I made a promise to myself to never have a child with the husband that got appointed to me," Zyta locked eyes with her husband for a moment and smiled at him. Sandor raised his goblet and drank the rest of the drink "but now, I couldn't imagine not having a babe in me."

Sansa smiled at her friend and grabbed her hand, "you'll make a great mother. But you would make a better queen."

Zyta's faces dropped and she felt eyes on her. When she looked, Daenaerys was staring at her. "It's not safe to be talking about these things. And I don't want it."

"You know that's a lie and so does everyone else. Imagine how different it would of been if you got the throne instead of Joffery. So many people would be alive."

"And I would be dead and my mother would still be Queen." Zyta got up from her chair and patted down her dress. Her bump seemed to grow over night, there is no more hiding that she was pregnant.

Zyta left the feast early and went up to her and Sandor chambers. She started a fire in the hearth and got undressed into her night clothes.

Zyta dreamed of her on the throne. Her babe growing up in the red keep like she did. But she knew that couldn't happen. It would never happen. She was stuck in a world where she couldn't decide her own fate, the game did.

Zyta was woken up but the door closing. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. Sandor stood at the door untying his tunic. "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's fine. How was it?" Zyta asked. She moved a pillow against the back bored of the bed and sat fully up.

"Sansa came to talk to me. Tormund is heartbroken and this whore wanted me to fuck her."

"Eventful." Zyta said with a small chuckle. She watched as Sandor got dressed in his night clothes and come to bed. "So tomorrow we're leaving for Dragonstone. So in the morning say goodbye."

"I was going to go to Kingslanding. I have some unfinished business." Sandor said not making eye contact with her.

Zyta turned and looked at him, she grabbed his face with her one hand and held it there so he was forced to look at her. "You mean to tell me that you want to go to Kingslanding, and kill your brother. Are you a fucking moron? You would get killed! As soon as you step foot in Flea-bottom!"

Sandor pushed her hand off his face and sat up also. "No one remembers me. Arya wants to go to kill Cersei. I was going to go with her and then come to you."

"Are you aware that you married the Queens daughter! Everyone knows you! If you leave for Kingslanding tomorrow, do not come back. I'll raise this babe by myself." Zyta was crying by now. She grabbed her pillow and put it between the both of them and rolled over. She laid there crying  for a while, while The Hound made himself comfortable.

"I've been waiting my whole life to kill that cunt. Longer than you've been alive. You expect me to give up on that? The only real dream I have?"

"He's a monster. He isn't alive Sandor. He'll kill you. This baby and I should be your new dream. Not getting revenge on a person that Daenaerys is going to kill anyway."

Sandor grabbed her hip and pulled her close to him, the pillow that separated them got thrown into the fire. "What about Arya? She can't go by herself."

"Then I guess I will have to tell her the same thing. It's not worth losing everything for revenge on one person. No matter how long you've been waiting for it." Zyta said.

When Sandor was asleep, she slipped out of bed and went and found Arya. She told her the same thing as Sandor and only hoped that the two would listen to her.