Chapter 23

Zyta watched from her window as the King of the North walked up the hundreds of stairs to meet with Dany. Zyta would have meant him at the shores of Dragonstone but thought he should meet with the Queen before her. 

Zyta knew it wasn't proper to do this, but she really isn't one to follow the rules. So when Jon Snow was out of sight, she went back to work. She was planning the trip to King's Landing. Weather Daenerys or Tyrion follow her, she is still going to see her mother. What they would discuss she didn't know, she knew what she would do. 

Hours passed like they were only seconds. Zyta couldn't be bothered with maids or with eating. She was planning. The plan to go to Kings Landing is going to take time to perfect. She had to make two plans; one where it would only be her going and another where she would have company. 

Her train of thought begun to lose its self on the tracks that where her mind. Zyta was driving herself crazy, trying to make sure everything would go as planned. But how could she make sure everything was going to go as she predicted? She needed both Daenerys and her people on bored, that included the people that killed her family. And she needed the North. Jon Snow was the key to make sure her mother pay. 

Cersei needed to pay for her fathers death. Cersei needed to pay for taking Zyta's throne. 

Zyta left her study. Making sure everything was neat and hidden in case someone wanted to snoop threw her papers. She walked the halls for a while, smiling and talking to the people that she passed. Knowing their names, and how they help her run Dragonstone. 

Zyta made her way to the dining hall. It was about the time where supper would be getting served. She could smell the smoked fish from three halls away. She let her mind wonder if Jon Snow bent the knee, or if he was on his way back north. 

Two Unsullied guards opened the wide doors for her. Zyta quickly thanked them and walked in. All conversations stopped when she entered. She held her head up high and made her way to the high table. Her seat the only one being empty. 

"So glad that you can join us, Lady Zyta." Tyrion said. He gave her his classic smirk, somehow Zyta thought he knew of what she was planning. It wasn't a big secret, if he would ask about it, Zyta would tell him the truth. 

"I was busy working." Zyta poured herself some wine. She looked around and made eye contacted with Lord Snow. She had to admit he was quite handsome. But her heart belonged to another. Until she knew for sure that Sandor is gone, she will not love another. 

Conversation didn't start again. The 50 plus people kept quiet as they all ate. Ser Davos was the man the broke the silence. "Lady Zyta, your uncle would be proud of what you turned Dragonstone into. This was his dream." 

Zyta smiled but she knew one thing, this was not Stannis's dream, it was hers and only hers. "I am quite flattered. But this wasn't Stannis's dream, it is mine. I worked hard for Dragonstone to become this. I had little help from anybody besides the people that resided here when my uncle left. My people built this place for themselves, for me. You should be proud of them, not I." 

Ser Davos gave her a tight smile. Jon Snow was the next to speak. "Thank you for the generosity. I have some topics that need to be discussed, when ever you are ready to talk..." 

"We can talk now. Follow me." Zyta cut Snow of and got up. His shock lasted for only a minute. The two young leaders walked side by side for most the way before the stairs narrowed and aloud Zyta to walk in front. Zyta took him the long way to her study. Stopping to show him details made by the early Targaryens. When the reached the study, it was already dark and a fire was made in the hearth. 

"So did you bend your knee to Daenerys?" 

"Yes, she is going to help with the problem in the North." 

"What problem in the North?"

"When you were a babe, did your wet nurses tell you stories about the white walkers?" Jon Snow asked. He couldn't believe that this Zyta was the Zyta he meant all those years ago in Winterfell. She grew up but he supposed he did too. 

"My father did, but he said that they have been gone for thousands of years." 

"They are very much back. They have been growing their army. Thousands of them are going to cross the wall and make their way to Kings Landing. Only dragon glass, Valyrian Steel, and fire kill them. I came here to ask to mine the dragon glass to protect the North." 

"You said thousands of them, right?" Zyta asked. Jon nodded his head. "And you think only the North is going to defeat them?" 

"Daenerys has dragons, that spit fire. I asked for her help but she is cautious. I don't blame her. Her and you both don't have to believe me, all you have to do this let me and my men mine the dragon glass. There is an army of them, more than you and Cersei and Daenerys have all together coming to kill us all. They are the real threat." 

"All right." 

"All right? What do you mean?" Jon Snow asked. 

"You can mine the dragon glass. Take all of it, make weapons, kill the army of white walkers." 

"So you believe me?" 

"I don't really have a choice do I? The dragons were supposedly dead for 500 years, but now there are three flying around. Why wouldn't white walkers be real too? I am not sure if a believe you but what am I going to do with dragon glass? I never even seen it or knew it was in Dragonstone. Is there anything else?"

"Thank you. Sansa says hello." With that Jon Snow left. 

Zyta sat there for a while, then scuffed. She went back to planning. 

WEEKS LATER 

Jon Snow was finished mining. When Zyta first saw the dragon glass, she almost cried. It was so beautiful. She was sad to see him go, but she knew he had to go back. It was like having an brother around. Daenerys and her got closer too. Both of them reflecting on the past and sharing childhood stories. 

"I have to be honest Lord Snow, I am sad to see you leave." Zyta said at the last meal they would share together, at least for a while. 

"I have a war to fight with the dead. And you have to keep working on your plan."

"It is almost done now. Now that I know that you are coming back to show Cersei the white walker, I can put the final touches on the plan." 

"What is the plan anyway?" Jon Snow asked. He hasn't asked this question before. No one has, he figured it wasn't his business. But now that he is going to Kings Landing for a meeting with the two queens, he figured he showed know. 

"To kill Cersei, and take the throne."