PT14 : DESTRUCTION

[14]

It had turned to three weeks, and I no longer spoke or stayed around Bighit, any missions that were assisted over in that part of Seoul were done effectively, I didn't stuff around and do the dilly

I neither spoke to Min Suga nor Bangtan.

It was simply too dangerous, unless we blew up the whole company, I'd finally feel safe and calm, but I knew it wasn't all that easy. I could be killing innocent people, and it would be all my own doing.

"Lark?" Esme had questioned, hitting her spoon on the bridge of her nose while she sat beside me, eating coconut yogurt while our legs dangled off the building.

I scrunched my nose and looked away from the city below us and towards my sister. We were currently resting on the biggest building in Seoul, looking below the millions of people walking the night roads, along with the colourful lights.

My short, raven hair blew against the strong wind, letting off a calming facade, even when I had the unsettling, and cold feeling in my heart.

"Yes?" I asked, Esme gave me a worried look, a pout fell onto her lips as she discarded the yogurt container and spoon beside her.

I think she realised how out of it I had been for the past few weeks, and how I didn't play as much as I used to. Usually I was mischievous, and didn't care about my well being, nor about the people around me. But now- something just struck me.

I was more analysing now, something inside of me changed and I no longer wanted to be the most famous assassin in South Korea, I no longer wanted to put my family in danger, I wanted a different life, if only I had pointed myself in another direction.

"Do you think you'll ever have a family?" She nervously asked, a shallow breath left her lips as she spoke again. "Or will I even?"  She quickly looked down when I looked towards her.

"I sometimes yearn it E, but then I remind myself how unexpected death is." I sighed. E looked teary, she was either on her period or she had really started realising the consequences for what I had started.

"But that doesn't mean you'll have the consequences I will, you'll be fine." I continued, giving E a wary and weak smile before immediately dropping it.

"Well..." She hopelessly tried to change the subject, I guess she wasn't ready for that conversation, and she was hoping to never have to. "What would your lover be like?"

I gave her a sharp look. And she nervously looked down and gulped.

I wasn't going to leave her frantic, as I hummed and rested my hands behind me to hold myself up, I spoke. "I'd like a man....that–" I took a deep breath and thought on it. Who would I want?